Fifteen

On the other side of town, Harry's driving far, far away. He hated what he'd just done. Nothing broke his heart more than what he'd just done.

His vision's blurry. He can't stop crying. He's swerving in and out the two lanes. Good things no cars were on the road this late at night.

He wondered what Desiree's doing and how she's reacting to all of this. He misses her.

***

September 22 4:47 am

Harry's POV

I sit in my car and cry. I almost killed her! What was I thinking?

You idiot you almost had her dead what hell is wrong with you? Why did you stop?

Because he loves her and he hurt her so he tried making her feel better but he knew that wasn't the way he wanted it. He wants to make her happy but you're in the freaking way! He can't make her happy. You're always controlling and you make him do things he doesn't want to do. What kind of mother does that to her son? Why can't you let him be happy for once? You already hurt him enough in his life why do you need to hurt him more? He's old enough now to control how he feels. He shouldn't be controlled by you. Just because you didn't like your life doesn't mean he has to hate his because of you.

Flashbacks of that dreadful day pop up in my mind.

**

"Harry come on! We're going to go get ice cream!"

"Ice cream? Can we get sprinkles?"

"Anything you want. Go say bye to Gemma," my dad tells me.

I pad upstairs and burst into Gemma's room.

"Harry! What did I tell you about knocking!?" she yells at me.

She's so annoying Harold.

Leave my sister alone.

"You told me: never enter unless I knock," I say. It's most likely the thousandth time. I never knock on her door.

"Exactly."

"You're mean. I hope I'm not like you when I turn 14," I tell her. She sticks her tongue out. She's two years my senior and I make a mental note to not be bossy when I turn 14.

"What do you want Harold?"

"Dad and mom are taking me to get ice cream. They told me to tell you bye."

She nods.

"Bye," she says rolling her eyes.

"You're not coming?"

"No." I shrug and leave. "Close my door." I obey her command and stomp back downstairs.

"Harry stop with all that noise," my mom barks at me. I stop and tip toe the rest of the way down.

Daddy whispers to my mom and with the facial expressions she's giving him it doesn't seem like a very pleasant conversation.

"Go get in the car Harry," she tells me annoyed as I'm standing waiting on them.

She's never liked you.

Leave her alone. My mother loves me.

I trek to the car and get in. I wait a minute until they come out looking worried.

I strap my seatbelt in as they get in the car.

I enjoy the ride and get antsy when they park. I look at the window and frown.