Twenty Four

Harry knocks firmly on the door and waits patiently. He hears footsteps and pulls his gun out pressing it close to his thigh. A brunette woman answers all smiles and when she notices Harry with a gun she stops, wishing she would've just peeped through the peep hole like her husband always tell her to do.

"Get in!" Harry growls and the woman let's him in, the door slamming closed enclosing Harry and anyone who was in the house together.

***

November 25 6:32 pm

Harry's POV

"Here taste this," I tell her as I scoop some mac and cheese out of the pot and hold it up to her lips. She blows on it a bit and takes some in her mouth. I watch her mouth contort into different expressions until her eyebrows lift up.

"Babe that's really good!" she praises and I put on a proud face.

Don't start feeling yourself now. You're still an idiot.

Leave him alone. She loves your cooking Harry. That's a sign to put a ring on it.

Marry Desiree? I never thought of that.

We finish up the last bit of cooking and wait. I lift my sugar plum on the counter and stand in between her legs.

"You're getting heavy," I joke.

"Oh that's nice," she laughs.

"Not in a bad way. I just meant- I should stop talking," I nod and Desiree agrees with a smile plastered on her face. "I love you?" She giggles and pecks my lips.

"I love you too you big goof."

I chuckle and stare at her. She's so beautiful. How am I so lucky to have her?

Well you kidnapped her stupid!

That's not what he meant. Your so thick sometimes!

"Can they not talk today? It's a holiday," I say and pinch the bridge of my nose.

"I'm sorry baby. Just focus on me okay?"

"Always."

"Ready to eat?" she asks me and I nod. I move and help her down. She grabs a plate. "Go sit. I got it," she says already scooping out some macaroni.

I grin. She's too good to me. I start to feel guilty. I kidnapped her and killed her parents. Anyone in the world would hate me but she, she loves me. How is that even possible? I killed everyone she loved and she loves me? That makes no sense. Their has to be a reason why she's stuck by me this long.

She loves you. Love can do that Harry. Just like you took her out of love.

It doesn't make any sense though. We aren't normal. This will never be normal. Ever. She deserves more than what I am. She deserves normal not this.

She sets the plate in front of me and kisses my temple. She heads back into the kitchen to fix her plate.

I stare at the plate. This is wrong. Everything is wrong.

Harry calm down before you scare her.

Harry! You finally see it! Now you have to kill her!

All you want me to do is kill her but I can't. She's everything to me. Everything. To kill her, is like killing myself.

Which you were going to do until she stopped you. Think about it, she's been there to try to stop you from doing everything you ever wanted. She's in the way. You have to get rid of her.

No. I'm. Not. Doing. It. Now leave me alone.

Now you know that we can't do that.

I squeeze my eyes shut and tug at my hair.

"Leave me alone," I groan under my breath.

Desiree sets her plate down opposite of me and kneels down next me.

"Harry. Look at me. Right at me." I focus on her voice and stare into her eyes. "I'm here. I'm right here. It'll be okay."

"Desiree none of this will be okay."

"Yes it will. We can get through this."

"You don't get it!" I yell banging my fist on the table making her flinch. I take a deep breath.

"Get what Harry?"

"You. Me. Us. This can never work," I tell her. It almost seems my fantasy is ending.

"What are you talking about?" she asks tears brimming her eyes.

"You know exactly what I mean. I-I have to let you go," I tell her cupping her face in my hands.

"No. I won't let you. I'm not leaving. I told you that, and I meant it."

"Dammit Desiree it's been four months! Four! People think you're dead and hell, I'm wanted for about 4 murders. Us, this, isn't normal and you need normal."

"You're as normal as my life has become. I have no one to go to when I get out of here. It's always going to be me and you," she cries.

"You're making this so difficult Desiree."

"No. I'm not leaving. That's final. I'm sorry," she says and stands up. "You can't do anything about it." She leaves me as she stalks upstairs.

I let out a heavy sigh. Damnit.

(A/N: I believe that this story is ending haha. I think their is about 4 more chapters left until done but thank you for over 530+ reads. You guys are seriously amazing. Love you. Don't forget to vote and comment)