Twenty Three

"Are we almost done?" Desiree asks Agent Brooks. She seriously didn't like this grey room at all. And she didn't like what she saw in the one way mirror. She felt she looked horrible and horrible being an understatement.

"Desiree don't you want to help find Harry?"

"Help? How can I help huh? I've been in this stupid cell for about two to three hours now telling you almost every detail of my imprisonment. I don't have anything else to give you! He never mentioned a day like this would happen!" she yells frustrated.

"A day like what?"

"A day we would be separated."

***

November 20 6:58 pm

Desiree's POV

I'm happy he's back to himself. Maybe not completely but he's the Harry that makes incredibly lame jokes and has a smile on his face.

"Why can't you play cards in the jungle?" he asks me.

Me being me actually sits there in bed and ponder on the answer.

"Mm why?"

"Because theirs too many cheetas!" he laughs and I sit there staring at my little idiot.

"That's not funny," I shake my head.

"Oh c'mon that's gold!" he objects. I chuckle.

"Fine," I say and lay on my back. Harry lays his head on my stomach and I tense up. Today is not the day. He could very well kill me over this news.

"What's the matter?" he asks lifting his head and looking at me. I swallow hard and shake my head.

"N-nothing I'm just," I let out a sigh. I need to relax. "Nothing."

"You sure baby?"

I nod. He kisses my stomach and lays back down. I let out a shaky breath and try to relax.

I lay there as he traces circles on my stomach.

"You know what would be nice?" he asks me.

"What?" I ask back.

"Starting a family."

I smile. I'm relieved. He actually wants kids. Gem was right. I just wish she was here so I can tell her that. Maybe right now would be the best time.

"Harry, I-" I'm cut off by a phone ringing. I haven't heard one in such a long time that the noise makes me jump.

"Don't worry baby. It's okay," he tells me and goes into a drawer. He pulls out my phone. "It's yours," he whispers and hands it to me. I hand it back to him. He looks at me crazy and pushes the phone in my hand.

"I-I don't want to answer it."

"Just see who it is."

I look down.

Uncle Hardwin

Uncle Hardwin? What would he be doing calling me?

"It-it's my uncle. Do I answer it?" He nods and I slowly but surely press the green button. "Hello?"

"Oh thank god Desiree you're still alive! Where have you been for the past 4 months!? Do you not know that your parents were murdered and your best friend?!" he questions.

"Uncle I'm fine. Honestly. Yeah I know."

"You missed their funeral and everything," he says.

I look at the time of the call.

:15

He's stalling. Police are there. I can feel it.

"Why are you calling me?" I ask boldly.

"I'm calling because they say you were kidnapped. No one's heard from you since."

"Look Unc I'm fine. Theirs nothing to worry about bye." I hang up quickly. "He was stalling. I think police were there. They were probably monitoring the call trying to pick up a trace. I watch way too much Criminal Minds to know to keep the call short and they won't be able to pick up the signal," I inform.

Harry gives me a deep kiss and pulls away.

"Thank you," he says.

"For?"

"Being you," he smiles and him smiling alone causes the corners of my mouth to turn up into a smile.

"What's today?" I ask him. He looks at my phone screen.

"November 20th why?"

"Thanksgiving is coming up. We can cook together and have a big feast," I tell him combing my fingers into his chocolate brown soft hair.

"You would want to do that?" he asks grinning.

"Of course."

"Well looks like we have a date with the kitchen Thanksgiving Day."

"Still not funny," I laugh.

"You laugh at my failed jokes more than the joke itself," he pouts.

I chuckle.

"I still love you though. No bad joke is going to make me love you any less," I tell him starting to play with his ear.

"Stop that tickles," he giggles. Awe! I continue playing with his ear and laugh as he tries to move away but fails.

I enjoy making him happy. Whenever he's with me he never seems to have a bad episode. It's like I make him better. I make him who the real Harry Styles is.

I stop and he breathes hard trying to catch his breath.

"I love you," I tell him.

"I love you too."

"No. You don't understand the love I feel for you. It's deeper than anything I've ever felt before and it scares me how I can be so deep in love with you," I say truthfully. He looks at me and gives me a smile.

I didn't imagine him saying something and something in me wanted him not to say anything. I just wanted to enjoy my time with him before he leaves me or things take a sour turn for the worse.

"Can I be little spoon again?" he asks in a baby voice. I giggle.

"Of course."

We adjust our position and I hold Harry. It's like the 30th time or so he's wanted to be little spoon but I don't mind. Sometimes a girl just wants to hold instead of be held.

"Before the call happened you were going to tell me something?" he reminded.

"No. It's not important right now. You should get some sleep," I tell him and place a kiss on the back of his head.

He let's out a pleased sigh and goes silent. I stay there in the light dim room.

Why didn't I run? Why did I choose to stay here with him after everything he's put me through? Why did I fall in love with him? Why did I have to lose everyone I ever loved? Why?

Tears slide down my face and most likely land on the pillow. I sit there all night crying in the dark, hoping Harry doesn't wake up to hear me. He doesn't deserve to see me like this.