Nineteen

"Look Agent those were false alarms. Pregnancy tests can do that you know. Trust me when I thought I was I was happy until I realized I had none of the symptoms of being pregnant."

"You were happy? You were content with carrying your abductors child?"

Desiree shrugs. She wanted this interview to be over. She wanted to go home wherever home is. She didn't know what the next move in her life was but heading back to college wasn't one of them. She thought long and hard about that one. She didn't want people all in her face, asking questions, becoming friends out of pity. She just wanted sleep, blissful sleep to escape the world she's in. It's already about 12. She's been in this room for about 2 hours and she figured she won't be getting out any time soon.

***

October 6 6:24 pm

Desiree's POV

I stand from my sitting position and tip toe pass Harry. I look at his sleeping form and almost melt. His long strands are spread across the baby blue pillow and his nostrils are flaring a bit. He squirms a bit and I come out of my adoration state.

I quietly make my way down the steps and look at Gemma. How do I tell her this?

"Gem," I get her attention and she sits up on the couch looking at me expecting an answer. I grip the sticks in my hand tightly. "Both are positive," I whisper not even knowing if she heard me but her expression makes me think otherwise.

"You're pregnant?" she says as if all the oxygen inside of her body escaped.

"Breath Gemma breath," I coach and rush to her taking a seat. She cracks a smile and hugs me.

"I don't know if you're happy but my brother is going to be a father. I'm pretty happy about that," she nods.

"I mean I'm kind of happy. I'm going to be carrying a little life form inside me but what will Harry think?" I ask nervously. What if me getting pregnant makes him so enraged he'll kill me and this baby.

Or he could actually love you. Stop being pessimistic Desiree.

I sigh at my inner voice. She could be right. He could love me and this baby even more.

"Harry loves children don't worry. I'm here too. But you have to tell him."

"I'll tell him when the time is right. Promise," I tell her and pushing my pinky out at her. She shakes her head and we pinky promise. "What do I do with these?"

"You should keep them. Use them if he doesn't believe you're pregnant," she nods.

"Hm. Yeah that could be an idea. But I should get back up there before he wakes up and starts questioning, thinking we're plotting something," I joke and push the sticks in her hand. "Hide these for me love."

"Gross I'm holding your dried up pee in my hands," she disgustingly says throwing them on the coffee table. I chuckle.

"No seriously Gem hide them."

"I will. Now go back to your man," she teases. I roll my eyes playfully but obey her anyway.

"See you tomorrow."

I head upstairs and when I enter I bump into Harry. He realizes who he bumped into and pulls me into a hug.

"I thought I lost you," he cries into my neck.

"No baby never. I had to go talk to Gemma about some girl things. I'm so sorry. C'mon let's go back to sleep," I tell him cupping his face in my hands. "I'm not leaving you," I tell him looking in his emerald eyes. He's going to be a daddy. Oh my gosh.

"Do you promise?" he asks voice breaking sounding hoarse and broken.

"I promise with my life," I tell him and peck his lips. I wasn't kidding. Call me crazy but I'm not leaving him. He can't take anymore abandonment and now that I'm pregnant with his baby, I'm definitely not leaving him. He's apart of me now. Emotionally, physically, socially, environmentally. Wherever he is, I am. Forever. No matter what.

"I love you," he says a tear sliding slowly down his pale skin. I wipe it away with my thumb.

"I love you too."

We stare at each other, enjoying each other in the mere silence. Whatever he's done to me, I can't get rid of it. Although he's schizophrenic and the only way they won't bother him is for him to sleep, I love him. It's a happy/sad realization. I love my kidnapper but put yourself in my shoes. He's taken care of me. Anyone else would've killed me most likely, I mean in the beginning I was such a bitch and sassy but he didn't end my life. He pushed past it. It's like he saw the good in me. Something no one else has done.

Although my parents were proud of me for graduating high school, they still thought I was that trouble kid. They never looked past it. Tara always came to me to see if I would start some trouble. But him, he's looked past it. Noticed the real me. Not everyone can do that and I stand with my latest comment.

I love Harry Styles.