Chapter 3 - Lunch

A/N- Been a long time since I've managed to write something! Been super busy starting my full time job and trying to revise for my car theory exam.. (I suck I've taken it 6 times) I actually have no idea where this story is going, but I think I have some good ideas it just takes me a while to get those ideas into words!
I'm on my iPod this time so again sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes! Enjoy:)
Castiel's POV
"So that party at Gabriel's this Friday, you going?" Dean opened his bag and pulled out a root beer and a huge slice of pie I recognised as Ellen's famous apple pecan pie.
"I don't think that's really my scene, plus I'm doing over time this Friday and that usually makes me pretty tired." Dean swallowed his food with a frown on his face. "What's the matter, not a fan of Ellen's pie?"
He huffed a laugh a shifted in his space.
"Are you freaking kidding! Ellen's pies are amazing, she used to bake me one when ever I visited back in high school."
"You seem really close to her, how do you know her?" Dean looked down at his pie and smiled slightly as if he remembered a nice memory, his smile soon faded as he looked up at Castiel, avoiding his eyes.
"My mom died when I was four and my dad..." His voice became shaky as he fumbled over his words. Castiel put what was left of his cheese burger down and rest a hand on his shoulder to calm his new boss down, then suddenly realising the gesture was highly inappropriate so quickly took his hand away, turning his head frantically in all directions making sure no body saw. After a moment silence Dean changed the subject obviously uncomfortable talking about his parents.
"So Cas erm, why are you doing over time on Friday? I mean it's a Friday night man shouldn't you be going out with friends having a good time?"
Castiel didn't have many friends, he got on really well with Gabriel and Charlie but he was never confident to be out in public with them, they were both confident people and often drew attention to themselves, making Cas feel uncomfortable. He normally lied and told people he had interesting things to do, but he saw no point in lying to Dean, he seemed genuine.
"I don't really go out and 'have a good time' I like to keep to my self and spend time with my cat, Honey and I quite like to paint actually, it's a stress reliever."
To Castiel's surprise Dean actually seamed interested in his boring hobbies.
"What kind of things do you paint, I hate the brag but I'm quite the artist myself. I prefer sketches over painting unless it's water colour paints."
"I like to paint people using un-natural colours. What about yourself what do you like to sketch?"
They talked about different art supplies they enjoyed using, and some they agreed on some they disagreed on, until lunch was over, unfortunately.
"We will have to exchange art work sometime! Your work sounds interesting, any way wish me luck I have to deal with Meta-douche for three and a half hours, bye Cas!"
"Good luck, Dean."
I watched as Dean walked back into the office leaving me to quickly finish grabbing my things and walking back into my usual seat.

"I don't ship it, I luxury cruise ship it! Omg Castiel, you two so have the hots for each other!" She whisper yelled as I tried to hide my blush, just before I could respond with a 'Don't be stupid' Benny decided to chip in.
"Dude I ain't seen anyone look at another person the way Deano looks at you brutha."
"Exactly, thank you Benny my good sir" Charlie said with a very stereotypical British accent.
"Guys really, he is my boss don't be stupid. Besides if you will excuse me I have a deadline for this damn spreadsheet!"
"Touchy." Charlie leaned over towards Benny and whispered "So head over heels for Green eyes."
Castiel decided to ignore Charlie and get on with the spreadsheet he needed to have finished by half one, he looked at his watch, shit 1:05.

>>> 1:30 <<<

Dean's POV
Metatron kept looking at his watch the whole time he was showing Dean how to create different charts and meeting lists.
At around 1:30 Metatron stopped what he was doing and checked his emails grunting in annoyance at something.
"That little slacker is late with the spreadsheet! Unbelievable, he had one job to do this morning, ONE!!!"
Dean shifted in his seat unsure of what to do with him self, so he decided to excuse himself and get a coffee from Ellen. he took Castiel's mug and made his way to Ellen.

"Hey baby, another coffee?" Ellen had her cafetière at the ready before Dean could even voice a response.
"Thanks Ellen, Metatron is hard work I don't know if I can cope with 'shadowing' him for a whole week I'm struggling with today!" His voice got quicker and louder the more he spoke about it the more pissed off he got.
"Don't you dare go quittin' boy! You're better than that understand!"
"I wasn't thinking about quitting! Just maybe having a chemical boost, a dash of whiskey in my coffee will work a treat right?" Ellen didn't say anything just stood there with her mouth in the shape of an 'o'
"Ellen sweetie, close your mouth you'll catch flies, besides I was only joking don't worry I'm not turning into John"

After a brief lecture from Ellen, Dean made his way back to Metatron's, soon to be his, office, he heard shouting from the corridor and winced, that can't be good he thought to him self and he opened to door to the main office to see the whole of the team with worried looks on their faces. Just as he was about to ask what the shouting was about he noticed Castiel wasn't sat at his seat and that was all the information he needed, that bastard.
He opened the door forcefully with a face of thunder to Metatron inches apart from Castiel's face with his hands of the arms of the chair so Cas had no escape shouting and spitting in his poor face.
"ONE JOB YOU HAD TO DO AND YOU HAVNT DONE IT HAVE YOU! YOU KNEW I NEEDED THAT SPREADSHEET FOR HALF ONE SO WHY ISNT IT FINISHED!!!"
"I- I Don't, I-I'm Re-Really s-sorry boss." He was holding back tears, the son of a bitch made him cry.
"HEY GIVE THE GUY A BREAK HE DOES OVER TIME EVERY SINGLE DAY! YOU SELFISH BASTARD!" Dean couldn't hold his anger back, he was so angry for making the poor Angel reduce to tears.
"Don't talk to me like that Winchester!" He spat in annoyance.
Dean wanted to punch the man but calmed down and tried to remain as professional as he could.
"Your contract ends today, Metatron so why don't you get your stuff and leave I think Castiel here can show me how everything works around here, now get out of his face pack what ever stuff you want to take with you in that box over there and get out of my office before I call security." Metatron backed away from Castiel trying to argue back but just looking like a confused blubbering fish before he grunted and started filling the box.
"C'mon Cas take a break buddy go get some tea take as long as you need with the spreadsheet he's talking about; it can wait till tomorrow."