Chapter 18 - Big News

Castiel's POV

We gathered everyone around a large conference table after work hours, I could feel Dean's nervous leg jumping rapidly next to me. I took a deep breath in and tried to calm my nerves.

"Oh for heavens sake! Spill the tea!!" Gabriel pipped up, sounding half sassy, half impatient.

"Please tell me you are having a baby and naming it Charlie?!" Charlie beamed

"God no i'm not ready to look after a small human." Dean said nervously

"Well then tell them already?" Sam said, with excitement 

"Wait, you know?" I asked, uncertainly.

"Duh, you guys do know the walls are paper thin! I HEAR EVERYTHING" 

"Okaaaaaay?" Dean said a little shakily, it was just the cutest seeing him all nervous like that. 

"WE'RE GETTING MARRIED" I blurted out, I couldn't keep it in any longer. I had already kept it in for two weeks!

The group were ecstatic, including boring Benny. Cheering and congratulating us while at the same time, bickering about what jobs they were going to be given. Of course we knew that Sam was going to be Dean's best man, and Charlie would be one of our brides maids or the flower girl. 

**TWO WEEKS EARLIER**

Dean's POV

"Caaaaaaaaaaas?" It was a Sunday morning, we had slept in till noon and we had no intentions of getting up any time soon. Cas lay on my chest, breathing lightly as a stroked his hair.

"Yeah?" Cas sat up slightly so he could look at me. He was so adorable in my clothes, and with his wild bed head.

"Shall we go to the beach?" I asked.

"Naaaaaah I kinda just wanna stay like this all day" He looked at me puzzled, with his head to the side. Something he always did when he was trying to figure something out. "Are you okay? Dean your heart is racing!"

I couldn't help my words. They almost fell out of my mouth.

"I WAS JUST WONDERING IF YOU WANTED TO MARRY ME MAYBE ITS OKAY TO SAY NO!" Idjit, I blew it, totally blew it. 

I put my hand over my face in embarrassment, I could already feel my face go beetroot.

"Dean" I looked down and saw tears in Cas' piercing blue eyes. "Yes, a thousand times yes!!" he just about said over the waterworks. 

"Now can I take you to the beach?" I asked - my plan finally coming together. I wiped the tears from his cheeks as he nodded. 

Cas's POV

I couldn't believe my luck. Dean Winchester wants to marry me. 

I couldn't help but smile the entire time I got ready for the beach. Nerves and excitement rushing through me. Was he going to get on one knee? Was I going to get a ring? Who's going to change their name? Thousands of questions came rushing through my head. Unsure of what to think. I concentrated on fact that I was going to marry Dean Winchester. The love of my life.

The beach he took me to was a fair drive, but it was worth it. The sand was perfect between my toes and the water was a nice temperature to walk in. We took a long walk along the beach and stopped near a large collection of rocks. Dean set up a small picnic style blanket and sat on it, gesturing me to sit next to him. 

We admired the sun set for a few moments, when suddenly soft music started playing near us. Once I turned around how ever, there was a small band playing just for us. 

Dean stood me up and we admired the band for a moment before Dean turned me to face him, both my hands in his. I suddenly had butterflies in my stomach and I started to feel sick. Keep it together Novak I said in my head, and smiling at the fact that may not be my last name for much longer.

"I know we have only been together for nine months. But every moment I spend with you I fall in love with you more and more. I want to spend the rest of my life with you." I took a small box out of his pocket and got down on one knee. "So i'm asking you Castiel Novak, will you do me the honour of becoming Castiel Winchester and marrying me?" He had a single tear drip down his face. 

"Of course I will marry you, of course I will be Castiel Winchester."