He looked at her like she was mad, "hate you?! I'll be there to help you from killing all the innocent little animals," he prodded her arm. "But you're going to be one hell of a girl when you change," he shook his head and whistled before biting into some toast.

"What's that supposed to mean?!" 

"Well, you're part Veela already, and what do they always say about vampires and their beauty?" Alexandria shrugged, "they say they're the most beautiful, deadly creatures that have graced our presence....you're going to be the envy of every single girl and the fantasy of every guy." 

"Except you."

"Except me because I'm like your brother." 

"I am already like that though, aren't I?" Alexandria mused with a small smile. 

"True....so maybe nothing will change after all!"

 Vic handed over a few more pieces of sausage as they discussed classes for the day, "I'll see you for...herbology and lunch... you have free period after that right?" 

"Right," Alexandria nodded, "then defense and charms and then dinner!" 

"Is tonight your um..." Vic looked around as Alexandria nodded once. "Should I meet you at all?" 

"I'll be fine, but if you care to walk around the black lake with me before, I won't stop you." 

"I don't have to watch...do I?" Alexandria always said no, after watching the rabbit lose it's life the day Vic found out...he didn't want to see anything else have the same treatment. 

"Of course not! I'll be in and out in thirty minutes as always." She always hated this conversation, it made her feel sick and disgusted with herself. She was a monster and no matter how hard she'd try to hide it, she couldn't, it was a part of her. 

"Your fangs are sticking out," Vic commented. 

***

It was night, the moon was bright as the two figures walked across the grounds in silence, Vic paused by the lake and took a spot at the edge of it as Alexandria quietly walked into the dark forest with her wand held high. She closed her eyes, breathing deep and sensing the world around her. Quick steps, a fast heart...there was something about twenty yards away that caught her attention, their scent perking Alexandira's interest. 

Alexandria moved with such grace across the floor until she spotted a few field mice at her feet. They weren't much....she frowned as she scooped them up. 

"I am sorry, I am so very sorry," she whispered before baring her fangs and sinking them into the first mouse. The blood tasted warm and salty as she felt the first mouse's heartbeat slow and finally stop in her hand; when both were still, she laid them on the forest floor and moved on. Hagrid said there were chickens nearby but she couldn't will herself to do that; even with permission...it felt wrong, she continued to move, when a fluttering of wings caught her eye. A rather small tawny owl. She'd seen it before, it had delivered a few packages over to the Gryffindor table. 

Biting her lip Alexandria paused before stalking the poor bird. She swore to not attack owls, but she had no choice at the moment, there was nothing else around. With a leap and bound, Alexandria caught the owl. It screeched and tried to escape but she coaxed it into submission by petting its head before sighing and releasing it. What else was there? 

Then she smelled it, it was sweet and alluring as she followed the scent. Within a few moments she was standing beside Vic who gazed up at her and nodded. 

"Still hungry, I see," he commented and capped a small vial. 

"Why do you have that?" She questioned, her throat dry and rough as she studied the alluring vial.