Chapter 1.

Have you ever had that one person that makes you want to rip out your hair? No? Just me?

I'm Anna Bradley. I'm about 5'... short. I have brown eyes and long brown hair. Most of my features come from my mom but I have my dads nose.... Anyways. I grew up in a hectic household with my brother Jacob. My mom, Charlotte, taught at my high school, it's funny because when I was younger, she taught at that school too... I get the impression that she's following me. Maybe it's just me. My dad, Mason, works as a football coach or whatever. I remember one day, I was sitting with him and he went on and on and on about some stupid football game. I almost punched him.

My family is a little dysfunctional. Grandma Kelly and Grandma Sarah didn't exactly like each other because of reasons that I can't even get into right now. My mom barely liked her Grandma Sarah and she was distant with Grandma Kelly. Dad despised Grandma Sarah but stuck up for Grandma Kelly when mom and Grandma Sarah started to talk about her creating arguments between Mom and Dad and making Jacob cry.

I was what you would call the normal one in the family. Okay not normal.. but close enough to it. I got good grades and boys were the last thing on my mind. Well not the last thing... maybe the second to last.. But Aiden didn't really count as a boy, more of a Greek God or something like that. He was tall, dark and handsome, or at least that's how SpongeBob would describe him. I've had somewhat of a crush on him since like 5th grade. The word "crush" sort of an understatement. But you get the idea, hopefully.

I was what some would call a straight b student. I mean I try in school but b's the best I can do. But as long as I understand that I'm not going to be a valedictorian anytime soon, I'll be absolutely okay.

The amount of friends I have come to a steady number of 1 and even then, she's like my cousin so it's pathetic to even count her as a friend. Melody, Aunt Maya's daughter, and I grew up together. Since Aunt Maya was here almost everyday, so was Mel. Mel took mostly all her mothers traits, down to the accent. I swear when they talked it's like they were the same person If I had an option, I'd choose to sound more like my dad. Don't ask why.

Mel and I have done basically everything together, from walking for the first time to starting high school. And now we're going into our Junior year and bond is still as strong as ever, but our knowledge of boys is still at a first grade level. They all have cooties and they're gross. Because even in high school... Boys still continue to be gross. Hitting on everything that walks, sweating everywhere, comparing what I heard them call "the lay of last night" and having competitions.

My mom warned me about high school boys and even had the... "The talk". It started with one of her many backstories and ended up with me screaming and running to hide in the backyard somewhere. I was barely interested in boys, why would I be interested in... That. Puke. Although she insisted that guys would try to do it with me... multiple times. I promptly assured her that guys wouldn't even want to date me, I'm a potato.

Even my dad was convinced that guys would be all over, but look at me now, 3 years into to high school and still not one guys has even looked my way. Well except Tyler, but I was sworn of all guys named Tyler.. for personal reasons. And plus this guy picked his nose in front of everyone once and I was convinced that he wouldn't have been a good match anyways. Anyways, I was the invisible one in school... I kind of liked it that way. You know? Keep myself off the radar, that way I'm less likely to get picked on and bullied?

And I know exactly what you're thinking. "If she's so sworn off guys, why did she call that one guy a Greek God." Because he doesn't go in the 'guy' category, he goes in his category, listed under Greek God. And maybe I was biased, maybe I was just a tad bit in love but who cares because he was the hottest guy in school and the only guy to even receive my attention.. besides Jacob and my dad of course. Aiden was the guy that every girl wanted.. well every girl who was straight... those who weren't straight wanted Mel... and I mean who wouldn't, the girls got it, whatever 'it' is, going on. Off track, so off track.

Back to Aiden. He had the bluest eyes you could imagine. Like imagine the ocean... now imagine bluer... now imagine even bluer than that and then you have Aiden's eyes! And his jawline I tell you, it's sharper than my future. That thing could cut corners. (haha get it?) And his hair, I have to ask him what type of conditioner he's using because even from a distance (Which is the closest I've been to it) It looks fluffy and soft. The only bad thing  is his girlfriend Chloe. She's perfect. She the cheer captain of course, because with her perfect figure, it was obviously expected. She's beautiful and though her eyes aren't as perfect as Aiden's, they come darn near close to it. In other words, she was his perfect match and that sucked.

I was learning to cope with the fact the Aiden would never love me back because it was something I had to accept.

Anyways. Aside from my hopeless crush, I'm actually a normal girl. Well, normal enough to survive in this household and to make it out if high school alive.

~~~~~~~
Hi! So this is my new story and it's kind of a spinoff of My New Stepbrother. Hopefully you enjoy Charlie & Mason's daughter 😊