Can't You Feel My Love?

Start from the beginning

Lance nodded then jerked his head in the direction of the door. "Speaking of family...go take care of her."

Oliver smiled and started towards the door.

"Hey!" Lance called after him.

He turned around to look at the man.

"Can you uh...have her call me after? I just want to know she's alright." Oliver sent him a knowing look. "I'm invested in her is all, don't think about it too much," he said while looking everywhere but him.

He could barely contain his smile. "Sure Detective."

"And...call me Quinton for Pete's sake. No more of this detective nonsense."

He nodded again and hurried over to Felicity who was waiting for him in the hallway. He took her hand in his and led them to the waiting vehicle. mentally going over the conversation he had just had.

Never would he have thought that a man who had hated him not even a year ago would become an ally.

He really needed to learn to stop underestimating people.

>>----->

Oliver hadn't let go of her hand since they had came into the hospital, not even when they had taken her blood and ran a few test. Her hands were clammy and her knee kept bobbing up and down due to her nervousness. Oliver set a hand on it and she immediately calmed. She took and deep breath and squeezed his hand. She knew he was worried too, his face was neutral but she knew that was all or her peace of mind. He didn't want to worry her further and she appreciated it but she really just wanted him to feel instead of keeping it all in.

"Everything's going to be okay."

He glanced at her. "Shouldn't I be the one reassuring you?"

"After the day we had? I think its okay to switch it up a bit." He smiled at her and she returned the gesture. "Tell me something?"

"Like what?"

"I don't know...I just need something to distract me," she said while her foot started to tap on the tile floor. Oliver's hand pressed to her knee harder. "Sorry."

"Okay...well." He looked at the ceiling for a few moments as if gathering his thoughts. "Well you know I wasn't always on the island."

She nodded. "Where were you?"

"Hong Kong, among other places." He looked around the room, his gaze fixing on a picture on the wall but not really seeing it. She could see he wasn't really here with her but in his memories. "I was working for ARGUS. They...they made me into an assassin, I was just another one of Amanda Waller's puppets."

He said her name with such hatred it made a knot settle in her stomach. She had never really hated anyone, it wasn't in her but just look in her husbands eyes was enough to make her hate the woman. What had she made him do?

"I met this man named Maseo, he had a wife named Tatsu, she didn't like me very much." He glanced at her with a sardonic smile. "I didn't blame her. I was still a little bratty then, didn't even know how to do my own laundry. She fixed that right quick. They...had a son named Akio too, he didn't like me either, not at first but we grew on each other. He helped me learn Mandarin."

Her head titled and she turned her body in his direction. "They sound like wonderful people."

"Maseo killed people Felicity."

"I know and I'm not saying it was right but I'm guessing it was to keep his family alive. Am I right?" Oliver nodded once. "What you went through, it made you into who you are. Never be ashamed of your past, not with me. You can tell me anything, and I mean anything. It won't change how I feel about you, nothing could do that. But what it would do is allow me to understand you more and take some of the burden from your shoulders. You can only carry so much weight for so long Oliver."