Ch.16

"Ok so it's a semi open floor plan. Here's the living room." The lady smiled at us. 

"I love the stone." I said, touching it. 

"It's lovely. Matches the outside." She said. Luke nodded his head in agreement. "Ok so this is the kitchen and  the dining room. My favorite is the back splash. It's a nice granite." I walked into the kitchen, feeling Luke's hands on my shoulders. 

"Do we really need to look at the rest? I fell in love with it from the outside." He whispered in my ear. I turned and looked at him and he smiled at me. 

"So did I." I said quietly. He kissed my forehead before letting go of my shoulders. "Where to next?" 

"Well if you follow me this way, over here is the master bedroom." She said before walking, us following behind. I smiled at the big window in there.

"Hi ceilings." Luke said, sticking his hands in his pockets. I looked at him and smiled.

"Perfect for you." I said. He gave me a little shove with his elbow and I laughed as he rolled his eyes, a smile on his face. "I'm not twelve feet tall."

"You are really tall though." The lady said. I stuck my tongue out at him and he shook his head at me. "Over here this door leads to the en suite." Luke opened the door and smiled. 

"That's a big shower." He said. I walked and looked around. "It's almost as big as the bedroom."

"I know. It's beautiful." She said. "he walk in is over here if you want to look at that as well."

***

"So how much is it?" Luke asked. I wrapped my arm around his and leaned against him, looking at her.

"Well it's on the market for 1.12 million, but you could probably get it down to a little less than a million." She said. Luke looked down at me and I bit my lip.

"Can we..." He trailed. She nodded her head.

"Of course." She said with a smile before walking away. I looked back at him and sighed.

"Can we afford that?" I asked him. He shrugged.

"Well your house is easily worth about 350 with all the work you put into it." He said.

"And I don't have student loans to worry about so we should be good there." I said.

"Didn't you pay cash for your house?" He asked me. I nodded my head. I bought that house for $50,000 dollars as a piece of shit, dump and fixed it up over time with the help of my parents. I had been saving my money up since I was a child, wanting to have nice things when I got older. By the time I was eighteen I had saved well over 100,000, not spending a dime of it until I had Ellie. "So you would get to pocket all of the money for it if you sold it."

"I would." I said. "What do you think?"

"Well, I'm going to be making a lot more now that the shop is starting a show." He said.

"Oh my god I forgot about that." I said with a smile. "Miami Ink, New York Ink, and now Seattle Ink."

"I think we should." He said. "Put in an offer at 900 and go from there." He said. "The worst they can say is no."

"Ok." I said with a smile.
***

"We're home!" Luke called as we walked in the door. Ellie came running with Tyler behind her.

"So if Luke is Ellie's dad does that make you my mom?" Tyler asked as he stood in front of my. I smiled down at him and ran my hand through his hair.

"You can call me mom if you want to." I said.

"Ok." He said with a shrug and walked away. Luke smiled at me before pecking my lips.

"Ew." Ellie said, making both of us laugh.

"Ya. Ew." Ashton said and walked in. "How did it go?"

"We put in an offer." Luke said.

"Really? Did they call back or is it going to take a while?"

"They accepted." I said with a smile.