Ch. 11

"Korey! Luke is trying to call you!" Anna yelled. I finished making my coffee and hurried back into our little office area, grabbing my phone and answering it.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey babe. Thanks for finally answering. So I was wondering if you had a spare key to get in your house?"

"What happened?" I asked, automatically thinking of Ellie. Anna smiled at me before turning to face her computer. "Did Ellie do something? I just dropped her off at school like, 45 minutes ago."

"Yes. They called me and I picked her up. I have her." He said. He kept it short, which means he wants to talk about it later so I groaned and inched the bridge of my nose. "Ya, so the spare key?"

"Wait. They just let you take my daughter from school?" I asked. Anna looked back at me and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Ya, apparently they know we're dating because Ellie and Tyler talk about it and they thought it was ok. I said something to them about it of course, but took her anyways because I knew you wouldn't care that I have her."

"It's in the flower pot by the swing." I said. "Do they realize that you could murder my child and it would be all their fault for letting her go with you?"

"Well that's the problem. I don't think they do understand that. I mean, I could be going into your house to steal shit and then kidnap your daughter." He said.

"Haha." I said sarcastically, making him laugh. "Did you find it?"

"Ya, I got it. Thanks babe." He said and hung up. I put my phone down and looked at Anna.

"So Ellie did something at school and they apparently couldn't get a hold of me so they called Luke to pick her up. According to Luke, Ellie and Tyler talk about how their parents are dating and they thought that because of that, it would be ok to call Luke."

"What? You didn't give them permission for that." Anna said.

"I mean, I would trust my kid's life with Luke if it came to it, but still, you need my permission to do that. You don't just have that right." I said. Anna shook her head and rolled her eyes.
***

"Ok. What did she do?" I asked as I walked into my house. Luke looked at me, his arms crossed, and then gave someone a look, probably Ellie. She walked into the doorway and looked down at her feet, twiddling her fingers. "Ellie Rose."

"I may have accidentally punched Georgia in the face." She said. I looked up at Luke and he was trying not to laugh. I glared at him and he lost it, having to walk away.

"How do you accidentally punch someone in the face?" I asked her.

"Well she was being mean to Tyler and I accidentally made a fist and smashed it against her face. It was an accident." She said. I heard Luke laugh even harder and I rolled my eyes before pinching the bridge of my nose.

"No it wasn't." I said. "Ellie Rose. Violence isn't the answer and you know it." She looked back down at her feet. I got down to her level and grabbed her hands. "Please don't hit anymore people baby."

"I won't mommy." She said. I sighed and got up, walking into the kitchen where Luke was sitting in a chair at the table.

"How does she even know how to say accidentally in a sentence like that?" I asked him. He smiled and shrugged his shoulders before grabbing my hand and pulling me to him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and set his head on the upper part of my stomach, almost my chest. I ran my hands through his hair and let out a laugh. "It's kind of funny."

"It's hilarious." He said, the both of us laughing.