Ch. 7

Opening my eyes groggily, I looked around the I was in. It of course not being mine. I looked down at the arm thrown over my waist and then turned around to face him. He was already looking at me and he smiled a little.

"I hope you know that I broke all of my first date rules last night." I said with a laugh.

"I did too. I've never done that before." He said, a small smile on his face. His voice was really deep and lets be honest here, it was really sexy. "I should probably take you home."

"Ya. I need to apologize to Sam." I said. He smiled and let go of me, sitting up and throwing his legs over the side of the bed. I studied his back, seeing the few scratches I left on it last night. I smiled and bit my lip before sitting up as well, using the sheet to cover me. He pulled his underwear back on and grabbed mine off the floor, giving them to me. "Thank you." I put them back on and got up, grabbing my dress and slipping it back on. He got dressed as well and we both walked out to his car. He started it but we just sat there for a minute.

"I don't think I've ever liked someone this much before." He said quietly. "I don't even think I liked Tyler's mother this much."

"I didn't let Ellie's father touch me like that until we were together for six months. For some reason you're different." I said. He looked over at me.

"I don't want you to regret last night." He said.

"I don't." I said, finally looking at him. "I don't know why I don't, but I don't regret it at all." He smiled a little before grabbing my hand and lacing our fingers together. He then pulled out of the driveway and headed towards my house.
***

I walked in the door, Luke following behind me, trying to be quiet because I knew Ellie and Sam would still be sleeping.

"I'll go get her." Luke whispered. I nodded my head and walked into the living room, seeing Sam a sleep on the couch. I walked over to him and tapped his shoulder.

"Sam." I said. He opened his eyes and looked at me before sitting up. "Hey. I'm sorry."

"No, it's totally fine." He said with a smile. "I kind of expected to stay all night anyways and you are a working parent who needs the night off sometimes. I get it."

"You're really understanding for a 17 year old." I said. He laughed and shrugged his shoulders. Ellie came running over to me with a smile. Luke following behind her. "Hi baby. Were you good for Sam?"

"Yes! We watched Batman and we had ice cream and popcorn and then we built a fort and it was really fun!" She exclaimed, making me smile. I kissed her cheek before standing up and grabbing my purse. I pulled out $120 and handed it to Sam. Giving him a little extra because he had to stay all night.

"I'll let you know when I need you again." I said. He smiled and nodded before grabbing his things and walking out the door.

"Luke where's Tyler?" Ellie asked. He smiled down at her and picked her up, setting her on his hip.

"He's still at his grandma's house darling." He said, kissing her cheek. I smiled at them before putting my purse back on the little table by the door.

"You can bring him over here if you want." I said. He looked over at me and smiled before looking back at Ellie.

"I don't know if Ellie would like that very much." He teased.

"I would! I would!" She said.

"Are you sure? I don't have to bring him over here." He said.

"Bring him over here!" She exclaimed.

"Ok. I guess I'll go get him." He said. Ellie cheered and Luke set her down as she talked about needing to go get her toys and get them ready, running into her room. "I guess I'll be back."

"I guess you will." I said with a laugh. He smiled and lean in to peck my lips before grabbing his keys and walking out the door. I smiled and bit my lip before walking into my room.