Making It Easier

Magsimula sa umpisa

I take my phone out of my bag and slide it to unlock it. And no, my phone is not some fancy iPhone thing, it's a shitty little Nokia that I love to pieces. No matter how many times I drop it, it never breaks. I've had it for three years now, during which time I've dropped it in a pool, washed it in a washing machine, had it thrown from a window, had my cat try to eat it, and the cracker: had it rolled over by a car. Yet still, my phone lived on. It was like the manufacturers at Nokia had discovered the secret to immortal life, and blessed this phone with it. 

I opened to my messages, and saw that  I indeed had one new message from Phoebe the hottest person u will ever meet and i love her so much i wish i could be her. (Yes that really is what she saved her name as, but mine's even worse: Tally is so fricking amazing i idolize her and want to be her so much she is so much hotter and smarter and prettier and funnier than me i am so jealous of her. Yeah, I have no idea how the phone let me put a name that long in either.) 

I felt like a bundle of nerves as I opened up her text, and then sighed when I saw the simple and well meaning message; heyy bebs! not at skl 2day? (; haha wat a rebel. Nah i no ur sick, lexie told me. imma visit u after skl 2day kays? xxxxxxxxxx misssssss uuuuu and so does blake btw (;

I sigh and roll my eyes. I begin texting out a reply. Hey beb, ya i no im so rebel :P skiving and shit. u dont have to visit ya no. ill be bac tomoz. tell blake and the rest of the guys i say hi. xxxxxxxxxx miss u 2 <3.

I send the message and stare at the blank screen of my phone. I should probably tell Phoebe after school. That would make it easier I guess, rather than waiting until the day before I go. My phone buzzes again, but this time there is no Borat, so I know that it isn't Pheebs. I quickly go to my inbox, and see that it's from Blake. I gasp. I then try to cover my gasp. I then realize that there is no one here to tease me about my gasp. So I gasp again.

"Omigod, omigod, omigod." I say, practically hyperventilating. Blake has never, ever, ever texted me before. I mean yeah, I have his number and yeah, he has mine, but it isn't like he has it for anything more than show. It's there so that he can show all his mates, and be like: "Yeah I have the numbers of the two hottest girls in our grade, suck on that." I never dreamed in a million years that he would actually use it to communicate with me. Swallowing both my nerves and my excitement, I open the text message.

Hey there beautiful (: Pheebs told me u wernt feelin well so i thought id drop u a line :P u considered my offer yet?? watta bout this saturday okie? skls not much fun w/out u so get better quik! xx missin ya BLAKE (:

Oh.My.God. Blake thinks I'm beautiful. Blake fricking Summers thinks that I'm beautiful. And he misses me. I fall backwards onto my bed and reread the message, over and over again. I even pinch myself a few times to check that it isn't some sort of dream. It isn't. I lie there for a while, just reading it, holding my phone above my face. Suddenly my hands slip, and my phone becomes a ninja and attacks my face.

"OW!"  I yell in surprise. My nose is throbbing, and I'm worried for a minute that it might be broken. I walk into my bathroom, and I am relieved to find that it isn't broken, just a bit red.

I spend the rest of the day lounging around. I reread three Percy Jackson books, reread two CHERUB books, then watch the Percy Jackson movie (which is in no way as good as the books, but Logan Lerman is amazingly hot) and then check my Facebook. At about four I hear the car pulling into our driveway. Alex is home. I stay planted on the couch, methodically commenting on people's photos, thanking those for commenting on mine. Ya know, the usual popular girl stuff. 

"Hey Sissy!" I hear Alex yell.

"Hey lil bro!" I yell back.

"What no hello for me?" says another voice,