I bite into it, and nearly moan. This is probably the best thing I've eaten in a while, but sadly I'm full after only eating a third of it, which isn't too bad. Catherine looks at me quizzically so I explain why my eating habits are so out of whack and she frowns at me.

"That's terrible, I'm sorry. But you're so skinny,  there's no reason why anyone should taunt you about stuff that isn't true or starve you. I'll help you adjust to a better diet, okay?"

"Yeah, thanks Catherine," I say with a shy smile, and she playfully swats at the air, as if to brush away my words.

"Of course, and you can call me Cat," she offers, which I accept with another timid smile. I think I finally have a friend! But what if ... ugh, shut up brain. What if nothing. I'll let myself have one friend.

We get into a small conversation, and learn a lot about each other. Her full name is Catherine Taylor Bloodmoon Her favorite color is red, she hasn't found her mate yet, and has a love/hate relationship with shopping and fashion, which I question her about, 'cause I'm a bit confused.

"Well," she huffs, "Getting dressed up and finding cute stuff is fun and all, but it's an awful lot of work to put an outfit together, and shopping takes up a lot of time, and every time I go to the mall I realize I'm either broke or look horrendous in whatever I liked."

"Well, I think you look beautiful in whatever," I comment. "Maybe we should go shopping so I can help you pick stuff out."

"Oh yeah! And we still have to get you clothes since you have practically nothing-" I try to cut in here and protest but she actually shoves her hand over my mouth. "No buts, you have practically nothing, so we're going shopping once Garret accepts you into the pack, which actually could be like now if you want."

"Oh uh, sure," I say. Alright, no going back, Elaina. You're going to join this pack, start training, get your eating under control, make and keep a friend, and make some good memories. Oh, who am I kidding? I'm probably going to run away after like a week, because I'm too fucked up to have a friend. Besides, if I can't even talk to my own damn mate, why did I even for a second think I could have a friend?

"Cool, follow me," she says, jumping up and walking out of the kitchen, me following closely behind, mostly keeping my eyes on my feet, only occasionally looking up to make sure I don't run into something or somebody. We go up a couple flights of stairs and walk down long halls while I silently admire the house (the floors mostly) when we finally arrive at the Alpha's office. Cat knocks before entering, and I follow, softly closing the door behind me.

"Hey bro, I think it's time for Elly here to finally be officially part of this pack." I blush at the nickname. No one's ever given me a nickname before ... I mean, one that isn't an insult. I like it, it's a nice nickname.

"Alright," he agrees.

"Um, what do I need to do?" I ask.

"Well I basically just mind link the pack to let them know you'll be joining, hook you up to the mind link, and that's basically it. Then you can just meet people while walking around and stuff. Oh, and you need to pick a room. There are a few empty ones on this floor, so you can check those out, and once you've chosen one, you and Cat can I dunno, get stuff for it."

"Okay," I reply. Cool, I guess Cat and I can go pick up stuff for my room from like, Ikea or something while we're out shopping.

"Awesome, let's do it!" Cat cuts in excitedly. Garret laughs at his sister's enthusiasm and zones out for a minute, presumably mind linking the rest of the pack. Next, he looks me straight in the eyes and suddenly chattering fills my head, which gives me a headache, so I block it off, but I do catch some snippets of conversations, a lot about me.

"Thank you for letting me join," I say quietly, barely looking at Garret. Ugh, I've gotta work on eye contact.

"Of course!" he says cheerfully, and Cat leads me back out of the office as I wave bye to Garret.

"So it's actually a little late to go shopping right now, so how about we camp out in my room and have a sleepover and then find your room and go shopping tomorrow?" she asks me.

I shrug in response. "Yeah, that sounds nice." So we walk to her room, which is also on the third floor and I enter to see a decently sized bedroom with a little red couch, a queen sized bed with a red comforter on it, and a red rug. Yeah, her favorite color is definitely red. "You have a lovely room," I compliment.

"Thanks. So, do you just wanna, like talk and then go to bed?" she asks.

"Oh, sure," I say and sit on her bed.

She joins me and we dive into conversations about basically everything and nothing all at the same time. Eventually she brings up some sort of social media called Instagram and when she realizes I don't know what it is, she basically has a heart attack. No joke, she actually falls off the bed, which makes me giggle. "What? I just don't know what it is, it's not the end of the world."

She looks at me with wide eyes. "Trust me, it is. Oh, you've got so much to learn!" she sighs before introducing me to a bunch of sites and apps, and I'm kinda overwhelmed. Eventually, my eyes start to droop as we lay back on her bed. She's just in the middle of explaining what a tweet is when I literally just can't keep my eyes open, and I'm thinking about why all this stuff even exists.

Just as I drift off, Cat says, "Aww, goodnight Elly," and then I'm out like a light.

************************************

Hey! Please don't kill me, I updated! This chapter isn't all that eventful, but I haven't updated in literally forever, and I just had to get this out there! May I just say, I was almost done writing when I accidently published then deleted this chapter and I was so frustrated, so I basically had to rewrite this whole thing JUST FOR YOU GUYS! You're welcome, and thanks for putting up with my "I'll just not write for a few months" bs .

Sorry to anyone who didn't want her to leave Xavier but be honest, do you really think I wouldn't have him search for her? I'm not that much of a tease ;) but anyway, I know it's ridiculous for someone to not trust their soul mate and then become friends with stranger, but friendship is less pressure than being someone's other half and the mother figure/leader for a huge pack of werewolves because PRESSURE. Also, abuse kinda fucks up how you react to people and some of the stuff you do. I would know, one of my friends is a pretty deaf girl who previously was abused by her mom :(

On a brighter note, thank you guys so much for reading! And OMG so many reads and stuff, like what? People read my book? Whaaa? But yeah, please vote, follow, share, whatevs, and FORGIVE ME for not updating sooner. *sigh* So much ranting and begging for forgiveness in this chapter. Anyway, Byeeeee!

~MysticWillows