Chapter 4

Cole placed the disc into the game player. A fuzzy picture of Freddy is shown on the screen and the words, 'Five Nights at Freddy's' and '>>New Game' were shown. Kai uses the controller to click 'New Game' and we appear in what I think of as the office for the nightguard. All of a sudden the sound of a phone ringing fills the room. It stops and the sound of the phone guy's voice starts.

"Hello, hello? Uh, I wanted to record a message for you to help you get settled in on your first night. Um, I actually worked in that office before you. I'm finishing up my last week now, as a matter of fact. So, I know it can be a bit overwhelming, but I'm here to tell you there's nothing to worry about. Uh, you'll do fine. So, let's just focus on getting you through your first week. Okay?

Uh, let's see, first there's an introductory greeting from the company that I'm supposed to read. Uh, it's kind of a legal thing, you know. Um, "Welcome to Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. A magical place for kids and grown-ups alike, where fantasy and fun come to life. Fazbear Entertainment is not responsible for damage to property or person. Upon discovering that damage or death has occurred, a missing person report will be filed within 90 days, or as soon property and premises have been thoroughly cleaned and bleached, and the carpets have been replaced."

"Um...okay."says Nya a little on edge.

Blah blah blah, now that might sound bad, I know, but there's really nothing to worry about. Uh, the animatronic characters here do get a bit quirky at night, but do I blame them? No. If I were forced to sing those same stupid songs for twenty years and I never got a bath? I'd probably be a bit irritable at night too. So, remember, these characters hold a special place in the hearts of children and we need to show them a little respect, right? Okay.

"Respect? Dude, they killed the last night guard! Which is you!"grunts Cole.

So, just be aware, the characters do tend to wander a bit. Uh, they're left in some kind of free roaming mode at night. Uh...Something about their servos locking up if they get turned off for too long. Uh, they used to be allowed to walk around during the day too. But then there was The Bite of '87. Yeah. I-It's amazing that the human body can live without the frontal lobe, you know?

"Oh! I studied The Bite of '87! It is so gross!"whispers Joy.

Uh, now concerning your safety, the only real risk to you as a night watchman here, if any, is the fact that these characters, uh, if they happen to see you after hours probably won't recognize you as a person. They'll p-most likely see you as a metal endoskeleton without its costume on. Now since that's against the rules here at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, they'll probably try to...forcefully stuff you inside a Freddy Fazbear suit. Um, now, that wouldn't be so bad if the suits themselves weren't filled with crossbeams, wires, and animatronic devices, especially around the facial area. So, you could imagine how having your head forcefully pressed inside one of those could cause a bit of discomfort...and death. Uh, the only parts of you that would likely see the light of day again would be your eyeballs and teeth when they pop out the front of the mask, heh.

Y-Yeah, they don't tell you these things when you sign up. But hey, first day should be a breeze. I'll chat with you tomorrow. Uh, check those cameras, and remember to close the doors only if absolutely necessary. Gotta conserve power. Alright, good night.

"Would it not just be wiser to pay workers instead of using animatronics? It would save a lot of money for repairs and stop all the murders."asks Zane.

"Yeah, why don't they do that?"you ask.

Kai flips through the camera and searches for the animatronics. On one of the cameras we could see Freddy, Chicka, and Bonnie on stage.

"Foxy where are you buddy?"asks Kai.

He switches the camera off to the curtains and a faint image of Foxy was in between the opening. Kai smirked and switched back to the stage...only to find that Bonnie was gone.

"Oh , my, gosh! Where the hell is he?!"screams Jay.

"Stop overreacting! You're acting like a youtuber!"hushes Kai.

He closes the screen and checks the lights to see Bonnie at the left door.

"Kai! Close the door! Close the door! Close the door!"screams Nya.

"Okay! Geez! It's only 2 am and you're already freaking out!"scolds Kai.

He closes the door and checks the other quickly. Then he opens the door again and Bonnie was gone. Everyone sighed in relief. Kai flips through the camera to the stage to find Chicka gone. He then flips through everything. One camera was a full glimpse of Bonnie's face which made Lloyd jump behind the couch. Chicka was at the door to the right and Kai quickly closes it. There was dinging of a clock and the screen goes black showing that it was 6 am. The battery level only half used. Everyone cheers except Kai and Joy knowing that this was only the beginning. Everyone sits back down and Day 2 starts. The phone rings and is quickly answered.

"Uhh, Hello? Hello? Uh, well, if you're hearing this and you made it to day two, uh, congrats! I-I won't talk quite as long this time since Freddy and his friends tend to become more active as the week progresses. Uhh, it might be a good idea to peek at those cameras while I talk just to make sure everyone's in their proper place. You know...

Uh... Interestingly enough, Freddy himself doesn't come off stage very often. I heard he becomes a lot more active in the dark though, so, hey, I guess that's one more reason not to run out of power, right? I-I also want to emphasize the importance of using your door lights. There are blind spots in your camera views, and those blind spots happen to be right outside of your doors. So if-if you can't find something, or someone, on your cameras, be sure to check the door lights. Uh, you might only have a few seconds to react... Uh, not that you would be in any danger, of course. I'm not implying that. Also, check on the curtain in Pirate Cove from time to time. The character in there seems unique in that he becomes more active if the cameras remain off for long periods of time. I guess he doesn't like being watched. I don't know. Anyway, I'm sure you have everything under control! Uh, talk to you soon."

The call ends but Kai wasn't really listening because he was searching through the cameras. Bonnie and Chicka left and Foxy didn't show his face yet. Kai flipped through the cameras. On the last one Joy starts freaking out and no one really knew why. Kai switches back to the office which made her scream.

"No! You fool! You just summoned Golden Freddy!"she screams.

"What do you mean?"asks Kai."Wait your a geek right? So, of course you would know what I did wrong."

"Well, if you look at a poster of Golden Freddy...which is pretty rare considering the fact that the posters change..."

"Wait the poster changed? I never knew that."you exclaim.

"If you see the poster of Golden Freddy and switch back to the office right after...there's a chance that Golden Freddy will be summoned."she explains.

Kai looks around the office seeing that nothing was there.

"Just close the doors for a sec."says Nya.

Kai nods and closes the doors.

"That won't work. Golden Freddy is a hallucination. He can go through doors."says Joy.

"So what do we do?"asks Jay.

"You can't do anything. Just survive the nig-AHHHH!!!!"Lloyd screams and points at the screen.

There sat Golden Freddy right in front of you. It's mouth was gaped open and it looked limp and lifeless. Then there was a boom. His face filled the screen, static and children's laughs filled the room. The words 'It's me.' repeated over and over again, appearing on the screen and all of a sudden the game crashes. Everyone ran behind the couch scared nearly to death.

"Is it over?"you ask looking at the pitch black screen.

"Yeah...that's normal. If Golden Freddy catches you, the game doesn't go to the 'Game Over' screen. It just crashes."explains Joy.

"You are such a geek you know that."chuckles Nya.

"And I'm proud!"she cheers.

You turn on the lights waiting for the next thing you all were going to do.