But she's gone. Forever.

Why her?

His chest is tight and it feels as though he's been stabbed too. Maybe he has. He wanted to die too.

He gathered her blood covered body to his chest and sobbed into her neck, running his fingers through blonde hair and pressing his other hand to her stomach where their child was now dying.

"Felicity." He cried her name and closed his eyes.

His eyes flew open and when they did there was no body and his back was pressed to a soft mattress. He stared up at the familiar ceiling fan that was circling slowly.

This was their bedroom. His and Felicity's. A warm back was pressed to his stomach. He didn't want to wake her but he needed the verification that she was alive. His hand trembled as he reached for her shoulder and turned her towards him. She was alive, her face was flushed from sleep and her lips were pursed and pink, breath leaving them in a an even rhythm. He lets out a heavy gasp at the sight of her alive and breathing.

Suddenly blood seeps through his gray shirt she's wearing right over her heart and her eyes fly open. Her face morphs into another, blonde hair into black, blue eyes into brown. When she opens her mouth to speak the voice what comes out is a mixture of Felicity and Shado.

"You killed us!" They said.

He screamed and fell out of the bed onto the floor.

This time when he woke up he's sweaty and panting. He's in his bed, Felicity is curled against his body and her soft snores echoed through the quiet room. The smooth skin of her swollen stomach where her shirt has ridden up is pressed against his side. He rest his head against the pillow again and let's out a shaky breath as he squeezes her closer to him. Her chest expands against his hand assuring him that she is alive, her heart beats against him and he knows this is real. This isn't a dream. His heart is still pounding and even though it wasn't real grief still clings to him. He kisses her forehead and slips from the bed and pulls on his cargo pants, a tee shirt and a jacket.

He knows what he needs to do to keep his family safe.

It will come with a price but he's more than willing to pay it.

He glanced back at her sleeping form that has now curled around his pillow in his absence as he picks up his phone and calls John. He answers groggily.

"I need you to do something for me."

"Anything."

"Watch Felicity, there's something I have to do."

>>-------->

After his meeting with the Bratva he returned home in the early morning dawn. The house is dark as he moved towards the bedroom intending to slip back into bed.
A light flicks on in in the living room and glints off Felicity blonde hair where she is sitting on the couch wrapped in a comforter.

"I woke up and you were gone." She stands from the couch wrapping the blanket around herself tighter.

"The normal question for a situation like this would be to ask you where you were...but I don't have too. I pinged your phone, not in a stalkerish way, I just needed to know you were safe, especially with Slade out there." She stepped toward him. "I was worried. I saw John's car out front and it was like freshman year all over again but this time it was worse, I had a missing husband." He stepped forward and held out his arms, she walked willingly and wrapped the blanket around them cocooning them both in each others warmth.