It Happens In A Blink

Start from the beginning

"You sure?"

"Absolutely." She popped a strawberry in her mouth for emphasis. "I'm going to eat now."

"Okay...well if you need something, I'm just in here." He pointed to his desk.

"Oliver it's a glass wall. If I decide to pass out you'll see it happen." Wrong thing to say. He started forward again and she shoved the pictures into a drawer.

"I'm not going to pass out for Pete's sake. Shew," she said while waving some papers at him. "My yogurts getting...hot. Which would definitely make me throw up. There's just something about the texture of yogurt anyway then you add it being hot? Eww.." She shuttered. "Once I threw up yogurt in high school. I had it for lunch and then we had gym. Who has gym after lunch? Anyways I threw up all over the track and the class called me Farfy for a month." She cursed under her breath. "I did it again. Sorry."

Sometime during her babble Oliver had sat in the chair in front of her desk. She shook his head. "No, I like to hear your stories. You don't really share a lot about your past."

"That's the pot calling the kettle black." She smiled and so did he.

"I know...and I'm trying to get better about that."

"Well if you liked my Farfy story you'd like most of my high school years."

"I wish I could've seen you then."

"Oh no, I looked awful."

"You? No way."

"Yes me,"

"How bad could you have been? You're blonde Felicity."

"I told you I dyed it." She hesitated a moment. "I was goth." His eyebrows rose and his mouth hung open for a second before it snapped closed.

"You? Goth. I don't believe it."

"Believe it. I wore so much dark eyeliner I looked like a raccoon, purple lips, jet black hair, the whole shebang. I even had a nose ring." His face was filled with disbelief. He got up and walked around her desk. "What are you doing?" He search her face.

"Looking for a sign you ever had a nose ring." His hand came up to take her chin as he turned her head from side to side. She slapped his hands away playfully.

"Stop, it's been five years, besides it was a really small one. I took it out after Coop-" She cut off before she cleared her throat and turned back to her computer.

She would not talk about Cooper. Shame seeped into her. He went to jail because of the super virus she had made and she lived with the guilt everyday that she was the reason he had killed himself in prison. 'Stupid pregnancy hormones' she thought to herself as a tear slipped down her cheek and she moved to wipe it away. But Oliver had beat her too it. He crouched down next to her desk.

"Felicity. Hey look at me." She turned tear filled eyes down to look at him. "I told you a year ago that you could tell me about your day, that offer extends past that. You can tell me about anything. I have no room to judge." She nodded and whispered her thanks. He got up and started walking back to his desk before he turned to look at her again. "Whatever you went through Felicity...just know that it made you into the person you are today...and you know how I feel about her." He stared at he for a beat before returning to his office leaving her staring until the phone rang interrupting her torturous thoughts.

It wasn't until the end of the day she remembered the pictures. Who could have taken them? Paparazzi? No they would have been splashed all over the tabloids if that were the case. Was it Isabel? No, she wouldn't stoop to that. Plus she barely even knew them then. She decided to do a little investigating herself but never got the chance. The photos sat in a locked drawer in her house while they stopped Ben Turner, aka Bronze Tiger....again. He was trying to sell a prototype of the earthquake machine to the highest bidder but with Roy's help they managed to stop him and just in time too. But Oliver had had to reveal himself to get him to help stop the machine from detonating. Now Roy was in on the secret. She was kind of excited to add another member to team arrow. If it meant Oliver and Digg had more backup to help keep them safe then she was happy to except just about anyone. Provisionally of course and not any League members, except Sara. She was okay.