What If... There Was No Lie?

Start from the beginning

She cut her off. "Excuse me, but are you suggesting that I abort my baby?"

"Well I assumed since you hadn't planned it."

"No, just because I didn't plan this doesn't mean I would kill my baby. What kind of Doctor are you?" She asked incredulously.

"Calm down Ms. Smoak, I didn't mean to upset you. Of course you want to keep your baby. I will do everything in my power as a doctor to help you do so healthily."

She took a deep breath. "I'm sorry. I usually don't have outburst like that."

"It's perfectly fine, you have a lot on your mind and you're no where near the worst that I've seen."

"Thank you. So...what's the next step?"

"We need to figure out your due date. Few women know this but do you have any idea when you conceived?" That gave her pause. Yes she did. That day was seared into her memory.

"October 3rd," she stated.

"Oh... that's good, lets see...that means you're about six weeks pregnant. It's still a little early to do a ultrasound but we'll set you up with an appointment five weeks from now and get you some prenatal vitamins. Other than that try to eat a healthy diet and avoid unnecessary stress."

She couldn't help but chuckle a little at that. If only she knew that the unavoidable stress she endured everyday was to help protect the city.

"You'll be experiencing symptoms like extreme fatigue, breast tenderness, increase in acne, changes in appetite, nausea, possibly accompanied by vomiting."

"Oh I've already found that out."

"Make sure you stay hydrated and that you eat. I know it's hard when you're feeling so sick but it's important that the baby receives proper nourishment to be healthy." She closed the folder. "Any questions?"

"None that Google hasn't already answered."

"Then I'll see you in a few weeks Ms. Smoak, if you have any concerns please contact us and again, Congratulations."

She was still in disbelief as she walked out of the doctors office hand full of pamphlets and vitamins in a daze. She was ashamed of the way she had yelled at the doctor but even though she hadn't planned this baby just the thought anything happening to it...it was unthinkable. This was her baby. Oliver's baby, they had created it together and she would do whatever...what ever was necessary to keep it safe.

She started to understand what Moira had done to protect her children from Malcolm. How was it possible to love someone she hadn't even met yet? To be willing to do unimaginable things to keep them safe. She hoped she would never be one that would sacrifice five hundred people for her children but the feeling rising in her chest now could only be describes as determination...to do whatever it took to keep the ones she loved save.

As she laid in bed that night hand resting on her stomach she couldn't believe it. She was creating a life. Sure it was crazy but it was the most amazing feeling in the world. Six Weeks, she was six weeks pregnant. The baby was only the size of a pomegranate seed but the nose, mouth and ears she knew she would spend a lot of time kissing were already developing.

She closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep. That night she dreamt of a blue eyed baby boy that looked just like his father.

The next thing she knew she was being woken up by a pounding noise. She rolled over and reached her hand out searching blindly for the alarm clock but only succeeded with knocking things from her nightstand into the floor. She groaned and opened her eye when the noise didn't stop. She finally became fully conscious and realized it wasn't her alarm making the noise. Someone was pounding on her door. Crawling out of bed she exited her bedroom and went to open the front door. When she did Digg was standing there holding a bag of food.