What's Happening to Me, Anyone?

Laxus POV

It has been 3 days since I left Magnolia. The members of Fairy Tail were in chaos when gramps disbanded Fairytail, though I don't blame them because without a guild, it's almost impossible to get a mission to earn a living. Huh, I guess its about time that pervy old man retire anyway.

" Sighs " Here I am now in Fiore, embarking on a quest to find an answer. About what you might ask? That, I am not telling. In fact, that's exactly why I left without saying a word to anyone.

"Smirking" Though I do feel bad for the Raijinshuu, especially for Freed since he is way to obsessed with me. But I also feel bad for myself for no longer being able to see that smile of a certain Goddess over the counter of Fairy tail bar. 

Huh, what am I saying... Its not like I can't live without her or anything. I must be getting softer and softer these days. Because this is something... that has to be done. " Groaning. "

Here I thought that I do not look conspicuous at all and no one would recognize me because of the unusual brown leather hoodie that covers my entire body and head ( AN : The hoodie Laxus wears during His exile ), that is, until a young white - haired girl approaches me and gazes at me in awe. She kinda reminds me of Mirajane.

"What's do you want, punk?" I question while giving a sinister look in my eyes, hoping to scare her away, but to no avail.

She cowers in fear for a sec and answers, " Are you Laxus Dreyar ?, I... I... looked up to you a lot. So... if you don't mind... could you... please shake... my hand, sir?" Her voice is stuttered and shaky.

I sweatdrop, not because of my pride for being the mighty and good-looking lightning dragon slayer, but because of the fact that this a dilemma for me.

I mean, I wouldn't mind shaking her hands, but for a certain reason, I cant, I just CAN'T!

So I was left with 2 options :

1. Tell her off by being a jerk I used to be. But In result, this will break the little girl's heart and damages my reputation.

2. Shake her hands. But in result, this will expose my secret for coming to Fiore in the first place. And it will also hurt her for a certain reason...

The weight was obvious, but before I could react, the little girl had forcefully grabbed my hand while I was lost in thought.

As predicted, I had hurt her. I can immediately smell blood dripping down her palm. So I reflexively grab the crying girl and flashes to an alley nearby to treat her wound where no one is watching.

" Show me your palm, kid" I demand as I lay her back resting against an alley wall.

However, she just keeps on crying and struggling to get away from me. " That hurt! Laxus is a big bad meanie! I hate you! I hate you! " She sobbed while kicking me in the.....  (AN: I leave it to your imagination ^_^ .)

As my last resort, I remove the hoodie on my head and give her a close up to meet her eye to eye. This is a moment any women in the world would kill for to get and surely this God - gifted face would not fail me now.

" Stay put and let me help you. " I insisted.

Like magic, the crying stops and she finally raises out her palm . So I start to wrap a bandage around her palm, which in result causes her to notice the divergence surrounding my arms.

" Sir Laxus, why do you have sharp-yellow dragon scales around your arms? " She asked after realizing what caused her palm to bleed in the first place when she grabbed my hand by force.

"The cat's outta the bag now. " I sigh and think to myself.

" Listen to me, kids, what you see here stays here and not a word to anyone else. Now run along to your parents and shut your big trap, is that understood!? " I glare at her to emphasize how serious I am.

Right before I walk out of the alley, I catch her thanking me, " Sir Laxus, thanks for treating my wound. You are a very nice person! Also, you look way cooler in person than I thought you would, hehe.."

Her remark caused me to blushed for a second. Then I look back while still walking and reply, " No problem, take care of your self, kiddo."

" Scowling " Tch, I really am getting softer these days...

It's getting dark now and I have to find a place to stay, and bingo! Right ahead of me is Fiore's number 1 most renowned 5 star hotel called " Toma & Hisui ". Definitely named after the king of Fiore and his daughter.

So I stormed in despite the security forbidding me to enter due to my conspicuous getup. I check in and get the key to room 519.

I hang my brown leather hoodie and start to observe the slow, but inevitable evolution that I am going through. So far only both arms has grown dragon scales. But then again, a certain white haired mage taught me that life is always full of surprises.

hmm... Mirajane. That's what I was reminded of when I met the white - haired girl today. I wonder how she is doing right now. But again, I had decided not to involve anyone on this quest lest the worst case scenario would happen. So I should get her off my mind and just focus on task at hand.

 I took a shower, then lie down bare chested on the bed afterward and keep on wondering.

" What's happening to me, anyone? "

To be continued

So that's it for chapter two. I hope you guys are enjoying my fanfiction so far. I am happy for all your support and I will not give up on this story until the end. Next chapter is the destined confrontation, so look forward to it. ^_^