Chapter 13

Jack's P.O.V.

My boss heard about what I did last night and said I could take today off. Mark's party was canceled because their grandma is sick and their mom was going on a date. The weirdest thing is my dad is going on a date also. Alex, Lizzy, and I walk to Sarah's house because we were going to have a movie night. I knock on the door and not long after mark opens it. He lets us in and I look around for Sarah. "If your looking for Sarah she is in her room." Sally says. I nod before heading upstairs.

I knock on the door and I hear a come in. I open the door to see Sarah sitting up on her bed. I sigh and i sit on the side of the bed. She makes her way to my side and sets her head on know shoulder. "I thought you were working tonight." She says. I shake my head before pulling her closer. "My boss let me take the night off because he heard about what happened last night." I say. She nods before letting me help her up and downstairs.

After we get settled on the couch Mark starts the movie. We watched 'into the woods'. By the time the movie was over all the girls were asleep curled up next to us. We all shake our head as we look at each other. We all sigh and carefully move so we could stand. After few minutes Sally wakes up then Lizzy and the last to wake up is Sarah.

We talk and play some games for a hour or so when our parents get home. They both had huge grins. "Sally, Sarah, Mark, Lizzy, jack we have some news." Dad says. My eye finally land on their moms hand and it had a ring (not a wedding ring) then my eyes go wide. I sit next to Sarah and Mark sits next to Lizzy. They both sigh. "We're getting married." They say at the same time. We all gasp. My heart breaks because I could be with Sarah we would have to break up. I look at Sarah I say a angry expression and she had tears in her eyes.

Before I could stop her she jumps up not caring about her sprained ankle and started to scream at them. "How could you. You could at least have talked to us before to know what we think about it!!" She screams. I pull her down so she was sitting. "I'm sorry we thought you would be happy me and him were dating." Her mom says then Mark storms out of the room and Lizzy follows.

Sarah's P.O.V.

Mark just stormed off with Lizzy following and I was about to but then I remembered my sprained ankle. "Mom I think you didn't because you didn't want us to say no because you know that me and Mark were dating his children!" I say with anger. "I know your upset right now but not for long.... To celebrate we are going to Colorado." Mom says. I look at her surprised. "What?!" I exclaim. Mom nods. "So you better start packing." She says. I nod before letting jack help me up and upstairs and into my room. After a few minutes of packing I feel hands on my waist.

I turn and smile at jack. "If I'm gonna have a new sister I'm glad it's you." He says before he pecks my lips. "You know we're going to have to brake up at some point before the wedding." I say before tears form in my eyes. Jack nods. "I know." He says kissing me again. He pulls me into a hug as tears role down my face. After a few minutes of me crying jack helps me finish packing. I lay on my bed about to fall asleep when my mom walks in. "Jack you dad is waiting for you." She says. Jack nods before getting and walking out of my room.

I sit up and look at my mom not really happy with her. "Mom I'm happy for you nut did you ever think how me and Mark would feel or jack and Lizzy? You saw how Mark reacted about it." I finally say. She nods. "I know. I didn't think about how you kids would feel about it." She says. We both sign. "You should get some sleep we have a long trip ahead of us." Mom says before walking out the room. I shake my head before laying back down and stair at the ceiling. It takes forever but I finally fall into a uneasy sleep.

| DREAM |

I walk though what looks like the mountains and I come upon jack. He had a sad look when he sees me. I walk over to him and I could see tears in his eyes. "What wrong jack?" I ask him. He doesn't say anything he just pulls me into a hug. "I just wanted to spend the rest of my life with you." He whispers

| DREAM ENDS |

I set up and look around to see it was light out. I sigh then I grab my crutches and I get out of bed. I head to the living room but I remember that I had to go down stairs. I shake my head and I throw my crutches down the stairs before trying to hop down he stairs. The first few steps I stop because I hear a male voice say my name. "Sarah." They say then I know it's jack. "I'm at the top of the stairs." I call. I hear a sigh then I see jack. He shakes his head then walks up to me and picks me up and grabs my crutches.

He sets me on the couch and he sits next to me. "Thanks." I say. "It's the least I could do." He says leaning in a giving me a loving kiss. After he pulls away he gets up. "Could you get my bag it by my bed." I say. He nods and leaves to get my bags.

After about on hour or two mom comes back with a twelve passenger van. It takes us about an hour to pack in and finally made our way there. Jack sat by me and Sally sat in the front and Lizzy and Mark sat in the back. Mom and jack's dad were in the front. Jack's dad is driving and my mom is in the passenger seat.

I plug in my earbuds and I turn on my music then I set my head on jack and jack put his arm around me. I smile a little as the song 'summer' came on. I hum along with it then I hear jack whisper the words. "When I met you in the summer we fell in love as the leaves turned brown......" He whispered. I snuggle closer to him as I fall into a easy sleep.

I wake up to see jack wasn't in the seat and we were at a gas station. I sigh as I sit up. I look in the window and I could see my reflection and I see my hear is a mess. I shake my head and I grab my brush from my bag and brush out my hair before pulling my shoes on and walking to the restroom.

After I go to the restroom I look around for a snack. I find M.D. And M&Ms. After I buy my snack and drink and climb into the van with everyone else. I ended up kicking jack on of the seat so I could lay down. After about a two hour nap we stop in Texas and check in a hotel. We ended up having two rooms. Sally, mom, and my soon to be dad are in one room and the rest of us are in the other room.

There are only two beds so me and jack share one and Mark and Lizzy share the other bed. We all take a shower because we were sweaty and stinking. I was the last to take a shower. After I change I climb into bed and I curl up next to jack. We watch TV for a hour or two then we finally lay down. I snuggle closer to jack and I fall into a dreamless sleep.