Week Two 3/8 - 10/8

Welcome to the second week of The Dreamcatcher Book Club! How was your weekend thus far? We are pleasantly surprised, not to mention, delighted  at the knowledge that almost ALL of you awesome possums have completed your assignments on time! Well done! Now, before we begin, we'd like to urge those who have yet to add this book to their library to do so. That way, you'll be up to date with our future notices and important updates.

Without further ado, let us begin!

................................................................

The book of the week for this week is The Taming of Frankie Carroza by ThenColmSaid as nominated by Elysea.

................................................................

"There once was a boy called Frankie Carrozza. This being once; some time ago, when he was dwelling in the summery pastures of his youth. It was in these times that it was seen debatable if such a boy was ever so human or gifted with the divine blood of a God that wandered the halls of his Pantheon in Eton's boarding school for boys amongst the mere mortals. He had a stain on his soul; perhaps a blotch of poison, but had there ever been such a soul so beautifully bright, so marvellous and yet so dangerous?

Shy off the summer in September 1983

There lived another boy named Charlie Chance. He wished to smite the dwelling of his thoughts lingering upon this deity; this sword wielding hero who may have once slayed a dragon. His infatuation was swelling as strong as every other who set eyes upon the modern Adonis; blossoming like a rose upon the cusp of spring the colour of candour and scarlet youth. A child's obsession for a boy fit to be born from the pages of a poem, hid well beneath a mask he bore. A mask of wax, melting into red streaks and gemmed droplets as rich as blood by the flames of a youthful passion. For the dark; in contrast and comparison, is just as drawn to the light. Fire and shadow, youth and age, beauty and horror, vampire and victim, good and evil. The dark desires the light just as fiercely as light can be seduced with urges by sordid shadows. But how could either believe; come the end, for something born from innocence could transform into something so dark, so macabre and so gothic that it would become. Perhaps the feasting of a vampire; engorging on gorgeous blood, that within its compelling trance it cannot give it up though it seen the end of life in its hands insight. And so was the nature of two within the halls of Eton, when the souls of two boys took a curious peek at one another."

................................................................

PAIRINGS:

................................................................

blackrosedrop (Anon) & ramo_howin (~Life on Wheels~ |Re-writing|).

Cressalli (Songbird) & Blissful_Darkness (Kiss of Death)

AnhNguyen508784 (Smoldering Ice) & Vintaginity (Aqua Waters).

Kirsses (Bedroom Eyes) & RahniaForever (Anything But Perfection).

brownhairedgreeneyed (Tempers Flare, Bad Boy's Stare) & xoopsxhi (The World Works in Wondrous Ways).

ilylily112 (Eye Enchanters) & NeverCatchMe (A Pirate's Life For Me).

HazelMidnight (Vermillion) & theDianaof1D (Love Radio).

blair_seen (Living by my own Rules) & Wordtoyamother (A Scandal with Mrs. Barenfield).

mahak20 (Act Of Kindness Or Betrayal?) &  ArtemisAlcazar (Cursed).

MusicxStyles (7 Minutes in Hell) & Zanouji (New Game+).

*lucygh12 (Unbroken Promises) & *duke21 (Chuck & Rima).

*gwennie- (Awkward Apartments) & *MissYoungMalik (Swirly Love).

................................................................

Instructions:

This week's assignment is pretty simple, really: read and comment on two chapters of BOTW and three chapters of your respective partner's book. For the pair with (*), you are required to read and comment on two chapters of your respective partner's book and three chapters for the BOTW.  The link to said books can either be found on the Book Club reading list of this account or the club thread. Once you're done, drop a comment "Done" on the comment section below in this book.

If you have any issues, don't hesitate to approach our admins. We don't bite! Promise! :)

PS. Artwork by Elysea.