I'll Be True to You, Yes I Will...

It was early in the morning, before anyone else had woken up. Peter had a horse ready and saddled. Aponi was wearing the clothing he had first met her in. Peter was bringing her home. It was high time that he finally did that for her. They were both on the horse and riding out towards Aponi's tribe. The ride was much longer than Peter had expected, but it was a nice morning.
Aponi had her arms locked around Peter's waist as the horse bounced up and down in a slow, nice rhythm. Aponi was starting to get tired so she leaned forward and rested her chin on Peter's shoulder and closed her eyes. Peter smiled slightly. "You better not fall asleep. I don't know where your tribe is," Peter said.
Aponi mumbled something sleepily. Peter swung his arm around and pinched her on the arm. Aponi sat up. "Why did you do that?" She asked annoyed.
"Come on, are we in the right direction?" Peter asked.
"Yes..." Aponi mumbled annoyed.
The sun was beginning to rise and throw light over the green grass. Aponi looked across the land. There was a small stream going across the land. The water bubbled over grey stones. Aponi looked across the beautiful landscape. It was so calming.
Aponi started to feel more awake now that the sun was shining. Peter rode his horse to the stream and let the horse drink. He and Aponi dismounted. Peter laid down on the grass. The grass was still wet from the storm of the night before so Peter could feel his back soak through. He shivered slightly as he rolled over on his side. Aponi was crouched beside the stream. She was running her fingers through the water. She splashed some water on her face.
Peter smiled at Aponi. "It's real peaceful out here," He said.
Aponi looked up at the bright blue sky. "It is," She said.
The wind blew by causing the leaves on the trees to shake in a beautiful dance. Peter felt a chill because of his now wet clothing. He sneezed violently and suddenly. Aponi looked over at him in surprise. "Are you alright?" She asked.
"Yeah, just cold," Peter said. "I shouldn't have laid in this grass."
Aponi laughed at him and laid down in the grass too. Her thick black hair was soon soaked through. She sat up and crawled over to Peter then laid down beside him on her stomach. She laid some of her hair over his face. He laughed and sat up.
"What was that for?" Peter asked wiping water off his face.
"I don't know," Aponi said. "I guess I wanted to make you laugh."
Peter smiled at her. Aponi sat up. She was completely soaked through because of the grass. She tossed her hair behind her shoulders then plopped back down in the grass. She closed her eyes and let the sun wash over her. Peter was humming softly. The wind whistled through the trees.
"Today is perfect," Aponi said putting her hands up in the air and watching the sun go through her spread fingers.
Peter smiled at her. His blonde hair was wet from laying in the grass. Aponi returned his smile happily. The thought of going home took away all her fear of never seeing Peter again. Peter on the other hand was secretly hoping they never found her tribe. He didn't want to leave her. He was afraid that when they found her tribe she would never come back to see him.
Peter was very worried, but he couldn't let Aponi know. Aponi turned her head to look at Peter. "What is on your mind?" She asked.
"Nothing much..." Peter said.
Aponi giggled quietly. "You do not have anything going on in your head?" She asked.
"Well... I do, but I don't wanna talk about it," He said.
"Why not?"
"I just don't wanna talk about it," Peter replied.
"Alright..." Aponi said quietly.
Birds were starting to sing quietly. Aponi smiled widely. She turned her head back towards Peter.
"It's so nice out here," Aponi said.
"Yeah," Peter said.
Aponi sat up again. There was a paint horse in the distance. The horse's rider was wearing light tan clothing, and even from where Peter and Aponi were they could tell he was an Indian. The horse began to ride towards them slowly. Peter's hand went to his side. He didn't have a gun with him. Peter began to get nervous.
Then the horse was right on top of them. The rider dismounted. His leather shoes stood out against the green grass. Aponi's face was stretched into a large, excited smile. She jumped up and hugged the man.
"Waya!" Aponi exclaimed.
The man smiled at her. "Aponi," He said ruffling her hair.
Aponi turned to Peter. "This is my friend Waya," She said to Peter then she turned to Waya. "Waya, this is my friend Peter."
Waya's brow furrowed. "Friend?" He said slowly. He looked over at Peter gave him a look of distaste.
"Yes, he saved my life," Aponi said. Aponi didn't seemed to notice the look Waya gave Peter. She was just very happy to see someone she knew. Peter couldn't understand why Waya didn't seem to like him.
"Where have you been?" Waya asked.
"In town," Aponi said.
Waya stared at her. "Town?"
"I got hurt and Peter and his friends fixed my leg and I stayed in town until I was completely healed," Aponi said quickly.
Waya stared still. "I do not understand..." He said.
Aponi began to speak in another language. Peter couldn't understand anything she was saying. Waya answered in the same language. Peter just stared. Aponi looked at Peter.
"Waya said he will take me home from here," She said. She looked sad as she told him what Waya said.
Peter stared at her. He was so afraid of never seeing her again, but he didn't know what to say to her. He just couldn't find the words, so he hugged her instead. Aponi started to cry. She hadn't wanted to cry. Waya had mounted his horse. He said something to Aponi.
Aponi turned to him and let go of Peter. Waya helped her onto his horse. She couldn't help but look back at Peter as Waya started to ride off. Peter was just standing there. Alone. Crying.
Peter watched Aponi ride off with Waya. She was crying. They both were crying. He didn't want this to be the last time he ever saw her. Peter ran to his horse. He mounted and raced after Waya and Aponi. He wasn't thinking very clearly, but he knew he couldn't let her go.

(So that happened. This story is starting to come to an end. Yeah, took me long enough. Sorry about the wait. I just really wanted to get the chapter of my Gene Vincent Fanfiction out before I started on this. When this is over I might write an Eddie Cochran Fanfiction or an Everly Brothers Fanfiction.
Nothing clever to say here! ~ Adde Away!)