I Guess I Should Have Stayed In Bed...

Davy woke up in his room alone. His head hurt a lot, and his whole body felt hot. He had a sneeze he couldn't seem to get out. He just felt miserable. Somehow he managed his way out of his room and down to the restaurant to get something to eat. Peter was already at a table eating a large breakfast.
Davy sat next to Peter. Peter looked up at Davy. "Good morning," Peter said.
"Don't say good," Davy said putting his hand on his forehead. "I feel horrible."
Peter took a bite of a pancake. "You sick?" He asked after covering his mouth.
"Yeah, most likely a cold. I fell in the stream yesterday," Davy said.
Peter nodded still eating. Davy sneezed, and Peter nonchalantly handed him a napkin. Davy blew his nose.
"God, I feel horrid," He said with the napkin balled up in his hand.
"Mike already left," Peter said. "He didn't tell me where though."
A waitress walked by. Davy gestured to her so that he could order some food. He wasn't too hungry, but he knew he had to eat something.
"Can I have some pancakes and a mug of coffee?" Davy asked.
The waitress stared at him. "I know something that'll make you feel better if you'd like it," She said.
Davy was surprised that he sounded so bad. "That'd be nice," He said smiling.
The waitress walked off. Davy watched her. He was surprised at how well built she was. He dress didn't seem to be able to hide her lovely curves. Davy saw Aponi walking down the stairs. When she saw Peter she turned back around. Davy thought that was strange. Peter didn't notice because he was eating.
"Is Aponi angry at you?" Davy asked.
"No, not that I know of. Why?"
Davy scratched his head. "Well, she walked in here then turned around and left," He said. "I can't think of anything I could have done."
Peter had set his fork down. His plate was only half finished, but he stood up and left the restaurant and walked up the stairs. Davy watched him until the waitress returned with his pancakes and coffee and a glass of some drink.
"Don't smell it," She said. "Just down it."
Davy nodded and drank the unknown drink. He nearly threw up because it tasted so bad, but it did make him feel a little better.
"Now go ahead and eat your food," The waitress said smiling.
"Thank you, ma'am," Davy said nodding his head.
"My name's Cindy," She said.
"It's a pleasure to meet you," He said.
"What's your name?" Cindy asked.
"David Jones," Davy said. "Most people call me Davy."
Cindy smiled at him. "Nice to meet you, Davy," She said. "I have to go back to work now. See you later."
Davy watched Cindy walk off then he began to eat his pancake and drink his coffee. Upstairs Peter was knocking on Aponi's door to no avail. She sat in the corner of her room trying to be as silent as possible. Peter kept knocking. He tried turning to doorknob, but it was locked.
"Aponi," Peter said.
Aponi looked towards the door. Peter's voice was so quiet she hardly heard it.
"Aponi, did I do something wrong?" Peter asked.
Aponi looked down at the floor. She wanted to tell him no. She wanted to hold him and kiss him, but she couldn't do that. She couldn't stay with him like she wanted. She just couldn't be a part of his world.
"Aponi, please say something to me..." Peter said softly.
"Just go away Peter," Aponi said.
"Aponi, please..." His voice was so soft and painful.
Aponi stood up and ran to the door. She opened it suddenly. She hardly realized what she was doing herself. She wrapped her arms around Peter's neck and kissed him. His eyes widened in surprise, but he kissed back. Aponi pulled him inside, and Peter closed the door behind him as his hand passed the doorknob.
•••
Davy was still a little sick, but the drink Cindy had given him had helped a great deal. Since Davy was feeling better he decided to go for a walk. He wandered around for awhile and soon reached the livery stable. A ride seemed like it would be nice so Davy walked in and decided to rent a horse. He rented a strong looking black horse with a large square chest. He rode the horse away from town for a little peace and quiet.
Davy didn't realize how long he was riding. Soon he was very far from town with very little clue where he was. He sighed and turned his horse back the way he had came. He needed his head to clear. He decided to ride the horse at a gallop for a little fun. He wanted to feel the wind in his hair. The horse's hooves made beautiful noises as it raced across the flat land. Davy felt so liberated as he flew across the land with his horse.
Davy slowed his horse when he came back into view of the city. It was sometime in the evening. The sky was a bright beautiful blue and clear. There was one thing Davy could say he liked about California; it had wonderful weather.
There was a light breeze playing with Davy's shirt. He was reluctant to ride back into town. It was such a nice day, and the weather was doing wonders for his cold.
Finally Davy decided to go back to town. He was quite hungry by this time. His stomach felt empty even with the pancakes he had eaten that morning. He rode the horse back to the livery stable and paid four dollars for the ride then he walked back to hotel for lunch.
Davy walked into the hotel and walked to the restaurant. He sat down alone at a table. It was too late for lunch but too early for dinner so there weren't many people in there. Most of the people around Davy were just sitting around drinking mugs of coffee.
Davy had his hands in his lap. He was waiting for a waitress to come into the restaurant. It seemed like Davy was too late for lunch. He knew he should probably go to the saloon and buy a drink or something. He sighed and rubbed his grumbling stomach. He was pretty hungry.
Davy stood up and walked out of the hotel to the saloon. Peter was at the piano when Davy walked in. Mike was nowhere to be seen. Micky was sitting with Calphurnia. Davy walked to the bar and sat on one of the stools.
"Can I have a drink?" Davy asked.
The bar tender poured him a glass of whiskey. Davy put a coin on the bar and slowly drank the whiskey. He sighed. He had a feeling this was going to be a long day...