A Nightmare of a Different Kind

Mike was still in his room sulking. He wasn't sure why he was so upset, but he was. It was so frustrating, and he didn't know why. There was a knock on the door. Mike walked to his door and opened it.
It was June. She had a basket in her hands. She smiled at him. "I brought you a drink and good news," She said.
Mike let her in. "What's the news?" He asked.
"Well, I talked with Mr. Avalon, and he said that he'd sell you and Peter and Davy and Micky the land, all of it, for a thousand dollars," June said.
Mike smiled broadly. He hugged June and picked her up and spun her. He set her back down on the ground then kissed her. June looked extremely surprised. "Thank you!" Mike exclaimed going to spin her around again.
June took a step back. "Don't do that," She said simply.
Mike laughed. "I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me. I'm just so happy," He said.
June smiled back at him. "Hey, I understand," She said.
"I've gotta go tell the others!" Mike exclaimed.
June smiled at his excitement. "Well come on, let's go tell them," She said.
Mike broke out in another large smile. He leaned down and kissed June on the cheek. He took her hand lead her out of his room. She still had the basket in her hand as Mike pulled towards where he had last seen his friends.
Davy was the only one still at the restaurant. Mike and June walked into the restaurant. Mike sat down beside Davy. "Are you close ta bein' done eating?" Mike asked.
Davy stared at Mike for a moment. "Don't rush me while I'm eatin'," Davy said taking another bite of his food.
Davy glanced over at June. He dipped his head politely. June smiled at him. Mike was tapping his fingers on the table slowly. He wanted Davy to finished eating so he could go find the others and then tell them the good news. Together Davy and Mike had about thirteen hundred dollars. They had enough money to buy the land on their own, but they had promised Micky a piece of the land. If he was going to marry Calphurnia he would need land of his own.
Davy seemed to be intentionally taking as much time as possible to eat. Mike was growing frustrated. Suddenly he grabbed Davy's arm. "Hurry up!" Mike exclaimed.
Davy shot Mike an annoyed look, but he did start to eat a little faster. Mike waited as patiently as he could, but every bite of food Davy took was more time until they would get to go find Peter and Micky. Mike was soon tapping his fingers on the table again.
Finally Davy pushed his now clean plate forward and asked for his bill. He paid, and Mike grabbed his arm and dragged his out of the hotel to the saloon. Vincent stepped out of the saloon just as Davy and Mike stepped in the way. Vincent stared at them for a moment.
"In a hurry?" He asked.
"No, not really," Davy said. "I'm just being dragged along for the fun."
Vincent smiled slightly. "So, Mike's in a hurry," He said.
"I have something I need to tell Micky and Peter," Mike said.
Vincent looked back into the saloon. "You might not want to disturb them," He said. "Peter and Micky are singin' and playin' right now. Can't it wait until after Peter's off work? The place rarely gets a cheerin' up like they're giving it."
Mike frowned. "I suppose it could," He said. He felt a little annoyed about having to wait. He was pumped about telling them the good deal he had gotten... June had gotten.
Davy glared at Mike. "You made me rush my dinner for nothing?" He said annoyed.
Mike shrugged. "Sorry," He said lamely.
Davy waved his hand at Mike and walked off. He decided to wander around town for a little while. He walked passed a store with guns and saddles in the window. Davy noticed a really lovely English saddle in the window. He decided to enter the store.
Once Davy entered the store he went straight to the saddle. It was in between two western saddles. It was crazy how much smaller the English saddle was. The western saddles were large and padded. They were made for long days' rides. On the other hand the English saddle was made for fast traveling. Davy touched the small saddle and ran his fingers across the brown leather. It was so simple and so well made. The shop keeper walked over to Davy.
"Can I help you?" He asked.
"How much is this saddle?" Davy asked.
"Twenty dollars, but you wouldn't want a little saddle like that," The shop keeper said.
Davy's hand went to his pocket. He pulled out a small wad of cash. He had fifty dollars, but twenty seemed rather expensive for a saddle that he couldn't use for long traveling.
"This saddle right here is made by a fine craftsman and I can guarantee the quality of it," The shop keeper said pointing to one of the western saddles.
Davy frowned. "I'm sorry for wasting your time," He said turning to walk out of the store.
Then Davy was confronted by the two most beautiful guns he had ever seen in his life. They were silver with pearl handles. Davy walked towards them. They were behind a glass case. "How much are these?" Davy asked.
"One hundred dollars for the set and they are only sold together," The shop keeper said walking towards the display case.
"Why's that?" Davy asked.
"A special request by the original owner," The shop keeper said.
Davy stared at the guns for a few more minutes. They were tempting, but one hundred dollars was a lot of money. Davy finally tore his eyes from the guns and left the store. As he stepped out the door he ran straight into Cindy. They both lost their balance slightly, but they both managed to stay standing.
"I'm sorry!" Davy exclaimed.
Cindy laughed. She smiled at him. "It's fine," She said.
Davy flashed her a smile. "I guess I couldn't wait to run into you again," He said.
Cindy stared at him for a moment before shaking her head. "I had a feeling you were one of those guys that come on strong," She said.
Davy's smile widened. "I suppose I am that," He said.
"Please, put those teeth away, you're going to blind somebody," Cindy said as she pretended to shade her eyes from his teeth.
Davy continued to smile, but this time it was behind closed lips. Cindy looked at him with a sort of displeased look.
"I suppose you expect me to talk to you," She said coldly.
"Well, the thought had crossed my mind," Davy said. He was confused by her sudden change in attitude.
"I have things to do," Cindy said. "So, this is goodbye."
Cindy walked off. Davy watched her walk away for a moment. He was quite surprised by her actions. She seemed polite enough that morning, but now... Now she was flat out rude to him. Davy walked back towards the hotel. He had a lot on his mind. He was right though, this was turning out to be a very long day.

(Well, I'm back again. This chapter is rather strange, and nothing was accomplished, but who cares? Come on everybody! *insert awesome Eddie Cochran guitar solo here* I mentioned something about a Mr. Avalon, which would be Frankie Avalon. Plus a little thing I gotta mention. I think I'm gonna cut down these updates to every other day. I can't keep up with every day so I'm gonna try every other day and see how that works out. Thanks for reading!
I wonder how many songs have the Bo Diddley beat besides Bo Diddley... ~ Adde Away!)