My Pillow Wrapped 'Round My Head...

Peter's fingers passed over the keys of the piano playing a fast, happy beat. He was in a very good mood. Aponi was asleep in her room, and he was feeling good. Micky and Calphurnia were sitting together very happily. Micky was trying very hard and succeeding at getting Calphurnia to laugh. Her face was a glowing red from her laughter.
Micky's hand brushed Calphurnia's cheek, and she looked up surprised. Micky smiled at her, but she seemed more resigned after he touched her. Micky didn't notice the change in her attitude. He was too busy staring into her blue eyes.
When another cowboy entered the room Calphurnia stood up and walked over to him. Micky watched her. He was quite confused on why she decided to leave him so abruptly. He stood up, walked over to the piano, and sat down on the piano bench beside Peter. Peter turned to Micky and smiled still playing the piano to a happy beat.
"I've got the blues," Micky said acting a little melodramatic.
"Why is that?" Peter asked.
"My baby left me," Micky said being overly dramatic about it this time.
Peter looked over at Calphurnia. He sighed. "Have you tried telling her how you feel?" He asked.
Micky smiled. "Only about ten times a day," He said.
"Maybe you should lay off for awhile," Peter said. "Maybe she feels like you're just joking with her."
"I'm not!" Micky exclaimed. "I love her!"
Peter shushed Micky. Micky put his finger to his lip and giggled slightly. Peter looked back down at the keys of the piano. "Then ask her to marry you," He said.
Micky looked at Peter in surprise. "She's a dancing girl, I couldn't..."
Peter turned to Micky. Peter frowned. "You say that you love her, but apparently not enough to marry her..." Peter said slowly.
Micky looked down at the piano keys. "I love her and I know it, but I'm afraid if I marry her people will talk and make it hard for her," He said.
"It's hard for her already," Peter said. "She's a dancing girl. The one thing most girls want in their lives and she can't have it because she needed money..."
Micky frowned. "I bet you think I'm a horrible person," He said.
"No... Just a little narrow minded," Peter said.
There was silence between Peter and Micky. Micky looked over at Calphurnia. He stood up like he had suddenly thought of something and walked out of the saloon. Peter continued to play the piano. The tune was less happy now.
It was starting to get near dinner time so Calphurnia gave Peter break to go get some food, and Davy joined Peter in the restaurant. They ordered some food. Mike walked in to the restaurant while Davy and Peter's food was delivered. He sat at the table with them with a smile on his face.
"I think I can get us a good deal on some land," Mike said.
Davy stared. "What do you mean?" He asked.
"June wants to help us buy the land that we were looking at. She said that she can get the owner to lower the price for us," Mike said.
"How?" Davy asked.
"I didn't ask," Mike said.
Peter looked down at the table. He took a bite out of his food deciding to remain silent during this conversation. He didn't really need to worry about this. He trusted Mike and Davy to make the right choice on the land.
"Hey, Peter, what was up with Aponi this morning?" Davy asked.
"She was upset with me," Peter said stabbing his spoon into his potatoes.
"Oh, what for?" Davy asked.
"Something stupid I did yesterday," Peter said.
"What'd you do?" Mike asked.
"I don't wanna talk about it," Peter said putting a spoonful of potatoes into his mouth as a way to show he was done with the conversation.
Davy stared at Peter with one eyebrow raised. Mike turned to Davy. "Do you know where Micky is? I needa tell him about how June is gonna help us," Mike said.
"Last I saw him was when he was leavin' that saloon," Davy said.
"When?" Mike asked.
"Maybe thirty minutes ago," Peter said.
Mike frowned. "I'll talk about it to him later," He said.
Peter and Mike and Davy were quiet for a few minutes. There just wasn't anything to say to each other. Peter and Davy ate. Their silverware clanked against the plates as they ate slowly. Mike sat awkwardly without a plate. Finally Peter broke the silence.
"Why aren't you eating anything?" He asked.
"I already ate," Mike said looking down at the table.
"When?" Davy asked.
"June invited me over for dinner and I ate with her family," Mike said.
Davy stared. "How serious about this girl, are you?" He asked. "You've already met her parents and everything."
"She's a nice girl, but I haven't known her long enough for marriage or anything," Mike said.
Peter frowned. "What is up with you guys and not wanting to get married?" He asked. He was still thinking about Calphurnia and Micky, and the words just sort of slipped out.
Mike stared at Peter. "I've only been on two dates with the dame," He said. "I hardly know her."
Peter looked back down at his plate. He was now violently stabbing his green beans and rolling his peas around with his fork.
"Well, what about you and Aponi? Are you officially a thing yet?" Davy asked.
Peter looked up at Davy in surprise. Davy automatically regretted his words; they looked like they deeply hurt Peter.
Peter looked down at his food. "I don't know how much longer she's gonna be with us," He mumbled.
"Is she dying or something?" Mike asked. He felt like he was missing something.
"I won't be able to see her ever again once I take her back to her tribe," Peter mumbled in reply. He laid down his fork then rested his head in the palms of his hands. "She doesn't fit in here, so she has to leave..."
Mike reached over and patted his blonde friend on the back. "Hey, I know it hurts, but you'll live through it," He said trying to consul his friend.
"I feel like a fool," Peter said. "A poor little fool..."
"It isn't as bad as all that," Davy said. "You're not a fool. Everyone falls in love and everyone loses someone they love..."
"Why do fools fall in love?" Peter asked softly.
"Why do birds sing?" Mike asked quietly. His hands were on the table. His fingers were knitted together.
The door to the restaurant opened, and Micky ran in sitting down in the only empty seat left at the table with Davy and Peter and Mike. He looked absolutely bubbling with happiness. He seemed oblivious to Peter's sadness. The three other boys were staring at him.
Micky couldn't contain his excitement any longer. "I'm gonna ask Calphurnia to marry me," He said.
Mike's hands slammed down on the table. "What?!"

(There, I did it. Now, here's some questions... Should Micky marry Calphurnia? And what about Peter and Aponi? Should Mike be opposing Micky and Calphurnia getting married? I've got and idea of what I am gonna do, but that doesn't mean I won't change my ideas if I get other inspiration. I love winging things. I'm getting pretty good at it... Oh, I'm also starting a Gene Vincent Fanfiction, the only one of Wattpad. Why? Because I can. If you wanna check that out I'd be really grateful. It's called The Day the World Turned Blue, after a song I'm slightly obsessed with.
I think love can be lots of trouble ~ Adde Away!)