She's Always On the Go...

Davy grabbed the rifle from the wagon and untied one of the horses. He rode towards the gun shot. When he reached where it should have come from he found that there was no one there. No one alive that is.
There was a large man laying on the ground bleeding. Davy dismounted his horse and kneeled beside the bleeding man. He was already dead.
Davy stared at the body for a few minutes. He felt sick, very sick. The man was black. Davy had a feeling that the man was shot because of that.
Hoof beats...
Davy looked up. A man was riding away. He had a white horse with a strange brand on it. It was a word. D... O... T... Dot in cursive? His hair was black or dark brown, and his hat was white. A blue shirt... A black vest... Tan pants... Medium brown boots...
Davy noted all these things. He jumped up and ran to his horse and mounted it. He raced after the man that was running away. His horse sped forward. Davy's heart was beating with the gallop of his horse's hooves. Davy's horse was surprisingly fast and caught up with the other man's horse.
The other man looked over at Davy in surprise. Davy rode his horse towards the other man's horse. The other man got to one side of his saddle. Davy shoved him with his rifle and the man fell off his horse. The horse kept running. Davy jumped off his horse and lifted up the other man.
The man looked terrified. There were more hoof beats, and Peter rode up. He looked down at the man. Peter looked a little scared seeing him.
"Go get the sheriff," Davy said.
Peter nodded and rode to town. He raced to the sheriff's office. He dismounted and raced to the door and opened it. The sheriff looked up in surprise at the sudden intrusion. Vincent was sitting at a table with Colorado playing poker.
"A man's been shot!" Peter exclaimed.
The sheriff stood up. Vincent and Colorado threw down their cards, and they all rushed out the door. They all mounted their horses, and Peter led the way to where Davy was. Davy was still holding the man. The sheriff looked down at the man with a frown on his face. The sheriff and Colorado dismounted.
"Nick Todd... I guess you forgot you were wanted in this territory," The sheriff said.
Nick stared up at the sheriff. "I didn't think I'd see you again, Roy Orbison," He said.
Colorado frowned. "I thought you were dead," He said to Nick.
Nick spat at Colorado's boots. "You wish," Nick said.
"Who'd he shoot?" Vincent asked.
Peter rode his horse to where he and Davy had seen the body. Vincent dismounted and checked the body. He shook his head. Vincent pulled a blanket out of his saddle bag and rolled the body into it. He tied it on both ends and threw it over the back of his horse. Vincent was shaking his head.
Vincent and Peter rode back to the others. The sheriff had Nick tied up. He threw Nick over the back of his horse and rode back to town with Davy, Peter, Vincent, and Colorado. When they got to the jail the sheriff threw Nick inside a cell and locked the door.
"You better go talk to the deceased's family," The sheriff said.
Vincent nodded and walked out the door. Peter and Davy stood in the sheriff's office for awhile.
"Who's this Nick Todd guy?" Davy asked.
The sheriff looked up. "He's a card shark," Colorado said. "Well, he was. I suppose now he's a murderer."
"He's got posters for him in most territories," The sheriff added.
"My brother's gonna make sure I don't hang," Nick said from the cell.
"There's no love for you around here. No body's gonna help him stop you from gettin' strung up," The sheriff said.
"My brother can pay for some extra help," Nick said. "He has the money."
"I wouldn't take a thousand dollars to help you," Colorado said. "The only thing I regret is that your wanted poster didn't say I could bring you in dead."
"You wouldn't allow me a fair trial?" Nick asked.
"How fair do we have to be? It's obvious you killed that man," Colorado said.
"Yeah, I rode up right as you were riding away," Davy said.
"I wasn't a man I killed," Nick said. "I don't think any court with good, white men would convict me for killing a..."
"You say that word in my jail and god help me I will shoot your mouth off," The sheriff said.
Nick grew silent. "You two boys should stay in town. We'll need you as witnesses," The sheriff said.
"Yes, sir," Davy said.
Davy and Peter left the sheriff's office. Peter decided he needed to buy Aponi a dress she could wear while she was in town. He didn't want her hurt because of her clothing. Peter and Davy entered a dress shop. There were many different color dresses. Some were ones only dancing girls would wear, while others were dresses that only a nun would wear. Peter found one that was a light blue color and reminded him of the beads on her belt. It had lace around the neckline and small, white buttons on the back to button it up. He also grabbed a very funny looking hat with a blue feather on it that matched the dress. Davy thought it would be nice to give her a parasol and some nice black ankle boots so she'd be a proper lady in this outfit. They bought those four things, and it was a total of thirty dollars. Davy bought it since he had more than just ten dollars. Peter was very grateful.
"That was for the meals me and Mike bummed off you when we were down on our luck," Davy said as they walked out of the store.
Davy and Peter went back to the jail and got on their horses. They rode back to the wagon. They didn't see Aponi at first so Davy held the rifle at ready. Aponi popped her head out of the wagon. Davy lowered the rifle.
"Your friend is sick," Aponi said.
Davy dismounted and walked to the wagon. Peter rode his horse and led Davy's to the front of the wagon. He began to hitch them up.
"Peter, Mike's really acting funny," Davy called out from the back of the wagon.
"You wanna get him to a doctor?" Peter asked.
"Yeah, that seems like a good idea," Davy said.
Peter got to the driver's position of the wagon. He started the wagon towards the town. Davy climbed to the front of the wagon with Peter. Davy had the rifle in his hands still.