Life In His Hands

Start from the beginning

The boys stared at me, silently pleading and I could feel tears filling my eyes as the decision crushed what little hope I had left.

To condemn one or let them all die.

Eric's pov

Tori stepped a little closer to me and stopped, studying me, before letting out a sad sigh.

"You shouldn't have come back Eric. You should have just stayed with your folks."

"My parents are dead, Tori,"

"But how . . . what __________."

"The monster you call Alpha killed them."

"I know you're angry at him, but we both know your parents were alive when you were banished."

"I don't want to talk about this anymore."

"Eric_____________."

"Look, are we going to fight or are you going to let me kill him?"

"Alright."

Shifting into his large black and brown wolf, Tori let out a growl, but didn't move, waiting for me to accept his challenge. I nodded, letting my own wolf take control.

'I won't let you keep me from my mate Quentin.'

'And I won't allow you to harm our Alpha. Stop being selfish, Connor, do you think you are the only one who has suffered under his rule? Of course not, but he is our Alpha and without his leadership this pack would fall into chaos.'

'This pack is already in chaos! Your Alpha doesn't care about anyone else but his Luna, who happens to be his own son and you all let him get away with his behavior instead of finding someone that has the pack's best interest at heart to replace him.'

'Of course you wouldn't understand, you're no longer part of this pack.'

'Enough!'

Tori stared at me, shocked that I had used my Alpha tone.

'I will not let anyone who allows another's mate to be stolen to mock me.'

'How?'

'After my parents died at the hands of that tyrant you follow, I was adopted by a childless Alpha and Luna, becoming the next Alpha when they were killed in a surprise attack by another pack that wanted their land . . . not that it matters, until I avenge my parents I will never be the leader I want to be.'

A sudden smirk crossed Tori's lips, though I could tell it wasn't of amusement or arrogance.

'You know I'm not going to go easy on you.'

'Good. I like a challenge.'

'Then let's begin.'