His voice rang clear in my head as if it was yesterday 'well you were right I have changed.. I'm not in love with you anymore.' 'This begging is really making you look pathetic, wanting to be with someone who doesn't want you back. Pack up your stuff and leave as soon as you can.'

Why did he say those hurtful things?

I looked at the room, it hadn't changed much except Kesha's things that were lying around recklessly.

There seemed to be an addition in the room, a mini bar.

David seemed to be slumped into a chair with a glass full of bourbon in this hand.

It seemed he hadn't noticed that I was up and I just observed him.

He had his other hand in his hair.. I wonder what he was thinking, he looked like he had aged ten years, and he looked tensed.

He chugged his drink down and got up to pour another.

For the first time ever I saw him wobble on his feet. Was he really drunk? I had never seen him this way.

He chugged another glass down. I decided to clear my throat to let him know subtly that I was awake.

He accidentally dropped his glass and it shattered on the floor, his eyes were wide as if I had scared him, like a deer caught in headlights.

He was bare foot yet he walked over the glass leaving a trail of blood in his wake.

"David.. Stop! You're walking over glass!" I tried to get out of bed when he stumbled to his knees.

"You're up.." He mumbled crawling toward me while trying to get up.

I helped him get up but he hugged me instead and started cuddling with me. "This is all my fault.." he whispered.

He hugged me harder and rocked himself.

"I'm sorry.. You said you would die without me... but I had to save you..." he said barely above a whisper.

"Save me? From what?"

I didn't get an answer so I pulled back to see his face. He had fallen asleep in my arms.

He looked like a child, with all his worries gone. I brushed the hair off his forehead.

He must have a lot to worry about since there seemed to be a war going on so I let him sleep in my arms. If I were to be honest, I was being selfish, having him so close to me I was scared it would the moment. I never wanted to let go. I wish time just froze.

"I love you." I heard David sigh in his sleep.

Had he meant me? I'm sure in his drunken state he thought I was Kesha.

I didn't understand what was going on. He had done what he did to save me? From what? Did that mean he still loved me?

What about the pictures on his laptop? Why did he have them?

I had so many questions.

I heard the door open and saw Mike come in.

He paused to looked at David and then at me.

He smiled and whispered while moving his head side to side as if finding it impossible to believe. "Finally he sleeps. I don't want to disturb him but I need to give you an injection. Considering you aren't eating, I should put ivy in you but this will do, David said you don't like needles much."

I nodded smiling back at him.

While he prepared the injection I asked him mainly to distract myself "Why hasn't he been sleeping? You're a doctor, isn't there some sleeping pill for vampires that you can concoct?"

"I'm afraid nothing works on him and I suppose it's the stress with being the crown prince. I don't remember the last time he slept. We often hear Kesha complaining he never sleeps with her through the night." He shrugged "super vampire hearing."

So he hadn't been getting much sleep, I remember David telling me that it didn't matter to Vampires much if they didn't sleep. But I am sure they must need a well-rested brain to be as sharp as a prince would require it to be.

"What about his drinking?"

"Oh yeah, that's weird. I never pegged him to be so dependent on a substance like alcohol. But I suppose shit happens."

By the time we were done talking the injection was done and he told me I would feel drowsy.

Before I knew it I was fast asleep with my David.

So does this chapter make you more confused or less? ;)

Also do you guys think David would look like Nate Bateman? Since I've been getting requests to give an image to my characters J

Let me know!

XOXO

-Z