Prologue

Hey readers, I'm super excited for this book and can't wait for all of you to read it.

Kate will be played by Britt Robertson, known for role as Sophia in The Longest Ride.

Daniel will be played by Robbie Amell, known for his role as Wes in The Duff and Fred Jones in Scooby-Doo. 

Olivia will be played by Victoria Justice, known for her role as Tori Vega in Victorious.

And last but not least, Nick will be played by Zac Efron, known for his role as Troy in the High School Musical movies and others too.

I hope you all enjoy this story. Make sure to vote, comment, check out my other books and most importantly, enjoy! I dedicate this book to my graduating class of 2015. Good luck in high school, I'll miss you all.

.

.

.

.

Kate's POV

May 29, 2015

Eighth grade graduation. It has finally arrived.

I'm not sure if I'm ready for this next big step: high school. You can't blame me, I'm leaving my three closest friends behind.

"Kate Mitchell," the principal announces. I stand from my seat and walk to the front of the room, smiling as she hands me my diploma.

"Miss Mitchell will now say a few parting words to the graduating class of 2015."

I walk up the stairs that lead to the podium. I pull out my paper and begin to read the speech I had prepared.

Halfway through, something stops me. I look at the sheet, crumble it into a little ball and toss it aside.

"This is really hard for me since my family and I are moving to Los Angeles this summer." I pause. "It has been an amazing nine years with each and every one of you. I'm sad that our journey together is ending," I tell my class.

The people I've grown up with for most of my life applaud, encouraging me to continue. I look down at my best friends and give them a weak smile.

"It's hard to leave all of you behind as we enter this next chapter in our lives. I know we will meet again in the near future because you'll be with me, wherever I go."

I walk back down and take a seat. "Thank you, Kate," the principal says and readjusts the mic. "Would the graduating class of 2015, please stand?"

We do as told and before I know it, we are throwing our caps into the air. I make my way through the crowd & say goodbye to my teachers and friends.

"You're my best friend. You know that, right?" someone says from behind me.

I nod my head, smiling once I see them. "You're mine too, Olivia. No matter what happens, we always will be."

"Promise?" she says, sticking out her pinkie.

I laugh and grab onto hers. "Promise."

She pulls me toward her and wraps her arms around me. "I'll miss you too much," Olivia whines. "Why can't you just stay with Daniel, Nick and I for high school?"

I shrug. "Stupid dad got a stupid job offer."

"I know," she says, nodding her head. "Don't forget your promise."

"I won't," I say as Olivia waves goodbye and walks away.

I sigh and rest on one of the benches nearby. "That was quite a speech," someone says, sitting next to me. I look up and see my boyfriend Daniel. "When are you leaving me?"

"Wednesday," I reply.

His eyes widen. "Three more days?" I nod, and he holds my hand. "I'm going to miss you next year."

"I'll miss you too."

He bites his bottom lip. "We can't have a long distance relationship. It'll be too hard on us."

"I know," I sigh. "I'm glad you were my first love."

"I'm glad you were mine."

Daniel takes something out of his pocket and places it in my hand. "What's this?" I ask, opening my hand up to reveal a necklace. I look closer and see the words Forever & Always engraved on it.

"I know we're not together anymore, but that doesn't mean I don't love you. Wearing this necklace will keep us close."

Daniel kisses my cheek, and I stop him before he walks away. "Do you think there's a chance we'll see each other again?" I ask.

"I don't know," he says deep in thought. "Do you?" I nod my head. "Promise?"

"Promise," I tell him. "I'll see you soon."

He walks away and joins his best friend Nick by the front entrance. The two of them have been inseparable since the second grade, and they, along with Olivia and I, hang out all of the time.

Leaving them next year is going to be the hardest thing I've ever had to do. The best part about moving away is that I know they'll always be there for me no matter what. That's what best friends are for, right?

Or so I thought.

.

Message me with any questions, or if you want me to check out one of your books. I'm always up for a new read! Thanks, jackgeeee xo