ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ⓣⓗⓘⓡⓣⓨ ⓣⓗⓡⓔⓔ

Start from the beginning

"This shows you guys have too much time on your hands to be doing that. We're in the middle of issues with another lethal gang and you guys are playing spouse swap, way to go Lexis." He said with a laugh.

"GUTGD is Trey's concern. He brought them over here, he can learn to handle it. I'm tryna step down from my current position."

"I stand by my statement but I'm gonna get going back home. I'm tired and still got my sisters to deal with." He said as he reached over and dapped me. "Peace and good luck for the week." Lord knows I need it.

"Good luck to you too." He hopped out of my car and walked around to his truck-

"Can we go home?" LJ asked as he kicked around in his seat again for the second time.

"Actually, Mommy just texted me and said she wants you for the night." I said as I looked down at my phone. "I'm not even gonna question it, you're going to Mommy for the night." Pulling out of my parking space, I started to head for Varo's house.

***

"You better behave while you're here and be nice to Natalia if she's here." I said to LJ as I held him by the collar of his shirt so he wouldn't dart off into the road.

"Okay." He said. I knocked on the door and patiently waited while LJ continued to look around. "What's that?" He asked.

"A doorbell. It makes noise-" He reached up and began to press it... A lot of times. "-LJ, knock it off." I gave a shake of his shirt which made him shake and he stood still for a brief moment. Varo answered the door with a billion dollar smile to his face.

"What's hood with y'all?" He asked. "We got LJ for the night? We gon' have fun."

"Where's Nelle?"

"Hold up, she in the kitchen. If you wanna come in-"

"Nah, I gotta get heading back home. I promised Ivanna I'd let her stay with DeShawn for the night." Nelle came from around the corner and smiled when she saw me. Varo took LJ's hand and they walked off to another part of the house. "Hey, Nelle Bells."

"Hi Lexi." She said with a laugh as she wrapped her arms around my neck. I in turn held her by her waist in a warm hug. "Weren't one of the boys supposed to bring LJ?"

"Trey is busy with female company, Ty is probably bawling because Tilly Beans is now on the other end of this street, DeShawn is studying, and Breezy is more likely caught up with Breezon." I let her go and continued to just look into her eyes. "How's day one goin'?"

"Let's not discuss the swap." She said with her lips pulled back into a small smile. "You seem happy."

"I don't have to worry about LJ, damn right I'm happy. Now I got time to actually work, which is something I need to get caught up on." I got a stack of transactions that need to be looked over and numbers that need to be double checked.

"Don't overwork yourself, promise?"

"I promise."

"Good, I'll see you at the end of the swap." She gave me one last hug before I began to make my way back to my car.

***

My trap was darker than usual... There should always be a few lights on unless Bryan decided to leave early but that wasn't like him. I turned on the flashlight to my phone and grabbed my key, walking up to the door and unlocked it.

"Anyone in here?"

"Lexis?" What sounded like Bryan. I shined the light around till it casted on him. "Power went out, where the hell the power box at?" He asked as he dapped me.