14 Demon's Ever After

Cerin:

Everything seemed to blur together for a split second. The screams of the demon in front of me as he frantically tried to stop his vessel from bleeding to death and the sudden force that drew me back. It took me a moment to realize what I had done. I glance over at Luke to see his face painted with shock and horror. He just saw me do that. The man, not the demon, will eventually die from that wound I  just caused. He wouldn't even be here if it weren't for me.

Reality comes pouring in as a knife slips into and then out of my stomach. I don't fight him, I don't want to fight anything. I kick for a moment in panic as the demon prepares to stab me again, but then stop. The smell bothers me the most. The brown headed man lays completely still on the floor. His blood begins to pool around him. The demon had left him. Now there is the smell of my own blood mixing with his.

There's a loud thump and then banging at the door before it opens. Marcy, the old woman who lived below us, stands there. The blonde stops when she enters and stares up at her in confusion. Marcy walks over to the blonde and with a swift movement, knocks the vessel unconscious, causing the demon to flee.

I seize the moment to grab the knife off of the floor and run over to Luke to release him. I glace back at the old woman who is just standing there with a smirk spread across her face.

"Get away from her!" Luke screams as soon as I remove the gag from his mouth.

I turn to the old lady, "Just leave us alone already!"

The smile on Marcy's face begins to fade. "Really? I save your ass and this is the thanks I get?"

I suddenly realize just who it is that I'm really talking to. "Itzal? Itzal, is that you?"

"Of course you dumb sack of-"

"Itzal! I just never imagined that I'd see you again." I nearly cry. I have my arms warped around Luke who's too freaked out to say anything at the moment.

"Yeah, well I didn't expect to show up in an old woman's meat suit, but things don't always go the way we want them to." he says, poking at the wrinkles on Marcy's face.

I hardly hear Luke mumble under his breath. "This is so messed up." I couldn't agree more.

"Why are you in her body? That woman was one of our neighbors, is she dead?" I ask him. I'm not sure really want to know the answer no matter what it is.

"Yeah...she's dead. She's been dead for awhile. I didn't kill her though, so don't get your panties in a twist. I just kicked out the last occupant."

"What do you mean?" I ask. As I look up I realize that it's becoming hard to focus on anything and lean in closer to Luke for support. His eyes still haven't moved off of Marcy.

"There was some idiot in here last. She was a fragile woman already, I'm sure having a spirit enter her didn't help her heart condition any! Anyhow, I heard the bitch, sorry, your sister was coming over for a visit so I thought I would stop by too. Ya know, I had to pay her back. And this old woman was just siting outside right next to Ciara so I thought I'd borrow her for a minute." Itzal laughs a bit to himself. "Your sister is probably already back home crying about how much of a dick I am." Itzal snickers as though he entertains himself. "Yeah well, glad to see you're doing okay, kinda. I'm not sure why you came here in the first place, but I'm not one to judge!"

"Thank you Itzal." I mutter.

"Hey, don't get all sappy on me. I just wanted a reason to beat up your sister, that's all." Itzal shrugs. "I'd like to stay longer and catch up, but I'm not sure this body can take much more. You guys go now while it's still dark, you should be able to catch a taxi around here. I'll clean up a bit. But I'll see you around Cerin!"