2 He's a Demon

Luke:

Cerin was sitting there, watching the door, waiting for me to come in. "Welcome home!" shouts an excited little voice as I enter my condo. I greet him with a smile as I take off my shoes.

"What have you been up to today?" I ask Cerin.
"The same as usual! I watched TV for a little while until I got hungry and made some lunch. Oh, I also dusted everything." 
"Well that sounds exciting. Are you hungry now?" it wasn't really a question with him and I start walking to the kitchen before he can answer. 

It's been a week and a half since I found him outside of the building where I live. I thought he was going to die when I first found him, but now, only a few days latter, he better than okay. The other day I tried to question him some more now that he can talk without any discomfort. I asked him again where he was from and he still replied with, "Below." When I asked what he was he just eyed the ground and I could tell that he didn't want to talk, so I gave up. He's been living on my couch for over a week and I still only know his name! 

Cerin is siting at the bar with his tail swooshing back and forth as he stares intensely at the pot on the stove top. "It'll be ready in a minute." I tell him before he can ask. I've enjoyed having him here, although he eats a lot he doesn't really complain about anything and he cleans during the day while I'm at work. I have to wonder when he plans to leave though. He's completely healed, but he hasn't mentioned going anywhere. I don't want to sound rude, but I decide to ask him.

"Cerin?" I ask.
"Hmm?" is the only response I get from the little creature in a food trance.
"You're all better now, right?"
"Oh, yes..." he says hesitantly. I'm sure he can tell where this conversation is going.
"Don't you need to go home sometime soon?" I ask, but gives no response. There's only a sad look on his face. "Your family and friends are probably worried about you."
"No, they aren't."
"Do you like alone then?"
"No, I have many siblings."
"Well, I'm sure they would like to know that you're okay, at least."
"No, they don't." 
"Don't say that! Family is family, right?" I quickly shut my mouth when Cerin's face goes blank.
"They'd celebrate if they found my corpse." he mutters. 
"I'm sorry." is the only thing I can mutter. I honestly don't know what to say to something like that. I moved away from my family as soon as I turned eighteen. I constantly argued with my parents and my younger brother, but I still love them and I know they still love me. I just can't imagine someone hating their own family member enough to wish they were dead. 
"You can stay here for awhile. I don't mind."
"Really?" Cerin asks, his face becoming joyful again.
"Really." I say back to him.
"Oh, thank y-"
"On one condition!"
"W-what?"
"You have to tell me what you are." I say slyly. I can't help being curious. He has a tail and horns for crying out loud!
"Oh..." he says looking down at his hands. "Promise you'll let me stay even once you know! Really Promise!"
"I promise!" I say lifting up my right hand as if to pledge.
"Alright!" he says and then hesitates for a moment. "I'm a demon."
"A demon." I repeat to clarify it for myself.
"Well yes, I prefer spirit, but humans like to call us demons."

I just stand there nodding my head for a moment, mentally slapping myself for not even considering that. I would have stood there all night, but I hear the kitchen timer ring and it brings me back to reality. I run over to take the soup off of the stove and fix Cerin and myself a bowl, all the while, "I just invited a demon to live with me!" sits in the back of my mind.

---------------------------------

I go to take a shower after we finish eating and leave Cerin in the kitchen cleaning up. Warm showers always relax me and I sort things out in my mind while bathing. I dry off and put some sweat pants on before going back into the living room to find Cerin gazing out the window at the city below.

"Cerin, want to take a shower?" I ask him. He nods happily in my direction and hops towards the bathroom. While he's in the shower I make myself comfortable on the couch and flip through channels until I find a horror movie marathon. A few minutes later Cerin comes out of the bathroom with nothing but a baggy tee shirt on and his hair pulled back so it didn't get wet while he was washing. He still doesn't have any clothes of his own and I consider taking him out on a shopping trip next Saturday. Cerin dashes to the couch and collapses on the opposite side of me, sitting up to see what I'm watching. We sit there watching in silence until I start to doze off.

I wake up awhile later to something cool touching my shoulder. Cerin has inched his way over to me while I was sleeping and had wrapped his arms around my waist. I don't know why, but I'm blushing a little. He's adorable like this and I can't help but touch his cold forehead softly and wrap my free arm around him. Cerin nuzzles even closer and his tiny horns rub against me. Crap! I don't know what's wrong with me! I shouldn't be having dirty thoughts right now, but I am! Sensing my panic, Cerin wakes up and looks at me sleepily with his large eyes. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you." he says.
"No, no! You're fine." I say, trying to play it cool. 
"Are you okay? You look like you have a fever!" Cerin says, standing up on his knees and reaching up to feel my face. My face is hot, but it's not from a fever, unfortunately. Still, his cold hands feel nice on my skin. Then I look down at the wrong moment. The tee shirt doesn't cover much and everything from Cerin's hips down is bare. He notices me staring and blushes too, quickly grabbing the shirt and pulling it down to hide himself. I can't stand how cute he is and I grab him around the shoulders and pull him onto me. He looks up at me with wide eyes and a bit of confusion. I just push my nose into his hair until he finally returns the embrace. 

"L-Luke." Cerin says timidly.
"Hmm?"
"I can't breath."

I laugh a little to myself and loosen my grip on him. I don't know what just came over me. I just take a deep breath. Cerin is still sitting on my lap looking up at me with his chin resting on my chest. A sly grin spreads across his lips and it worries me a little. I feel slender fingers travel up my back and Cerin sits up. He leans into me and pushes his lips against mine. His lips are soft on mine and I start to loose my cool again. I shouldn't be doing this! I can't help myself though, he's too tempting. I push my tongue against his teeth and he invites me in. I explore his mouth with my tongue before pulling away and nipping at his bottom lip and making my way down to his chin and then his neck. I suck on it and hear him let out a little gasp. It brings me back to reality and I push him away from me. Cerin's cheeks are still pink and now his neck is red. 

I glance over at the clock and realize it's almost morning. I have work tomorrow! Cerin, still in a daze, follows my gaze and sees the time as well. "Umm, it's late." I say, trying not to make things awkward. He just nods a little before trying to scoot off my lap, but I'm still holding onto him. I stand up with him in my arms and, in a panic, he wraps his arms around my neck and his legs around my waist.

"What are you-" I cut him off before he can finish.
"Aren't you tired of sleeping on the couch?"
"Um, I-I don't really mind."
"Well, that's fine. You don't have to sleep in the bed. Just sleep on the couch forever." I say teasingly.
"Hey, wait!" Cerin says, pouting a bit.

I laugh and carry Cerin into my room, laying him down on the bed. I have a rather simple room. There's just a few necessities like a dresser and the night stand. It's plane, but it's comfortable and the bed is big enough for two people. I flip out the lights and crawl in bed beside Cerin. I've calmed down and when my head hit's the pillow I realize how tired I am. Cerin rolls over and clings to me and I remember how nice it feels to have someone to sleep beside. Living with this little devil might not be so bad.

A/N: Sorry nothing happened! I promise it will soon!