0.11 Daughters And Fathers

"Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worse kind of suffering."

"Who are you?"

"Who am I? The better question is who are you?"

"If you don't know who I am then why are you torturing me?" The tied up werewolf grunts in struggle as he tries to break free.

"Okay maybe I do know who you are Derek. But you know more than you think you do." Aden informs the tied up werewolf as she walked back and forth in front of him.

"Would you care to inform me what I know then?" Derek asked getting annoyed rather quickly.

"Who is my mother?"

"How should I know? I don't even know who you are!" Derek spat.

Aden hastily grabbed ahold of Derek's face with her small hand in attempts to make him look at her.

"Because you're my father!"

"I never had a kid. I'm sorry but if this is about me being your father, then you have the wrong man. What are you fifteen? Sixteen? I would have had to have you when I was fifteen." Derek tries to explain to the girl in front of him.

"I know that! Fifteen and a half years ago a young girl shows up pregnant at the hospital where my stepfather works, she has her baby and then disappears as if she was never there to start with; except she just leaves her baby. Who does that? Who leaves there child behind?" Aden tells Derek all of the things he already knows before she begins questioning herself at the fact that her mother didn't want her.

"No one ever came for the baby except for one late night when there wasn't many people in the hospital, a young boy was caught on security cameras sneaking into the nursery and holding this newborn baby. That boy was you. Wasn't it?"

Derek remains silent as Aden pulls a piece of paper out of her pocket and unfolds it.

"Just tell me the truth and I'll leave. I'll never come back, or bother you ever again. Just please tell me the truth." Aden's dark black eyes begin to slowly fade back into the beautiful green they usually were as she begs for the truth.

"Sweetheart you don't really want to know the truth. You just want a reason to justify what you are." Derek tells Aden.

Aden holds up the paper in front of Derek's face.

"That's you. Just tell me that's you." The blonde haired girl begs as she holds up a black and white picture of a young boy cradling a baby in his arms.

"It's me."

"Thank you." Aden whispers barley audible as her voice cracks.

Aden had wanted to know the truth for so long that when she finally received it, it was a release. Nothing else in the world mattered because she was set free. She knew the truth now and what she wanted to do with it was up to her but she was free and that was all that mattered.

Aden walked up to where she was face to face with Derek and silently unties the ropes that were binding Derek to the chair before turning around to leave.

"You're beautiful you know?" Derek tells Aden as she stops in her tracks waiting on Derek to continue "I can teach you how to control it."

"This.. This.. Whatever the hell this was, wasn't me coming to beg for you to want me or anything like that, it was because I wanted to get to you before he did! So listen and listen carefully; I may be your daughter but you are never going to be my father you got that?" Aden spat at Derek as he watched darkness take over his daughters eyes.

A/N Comment for an update👍🏻