0.02 Don't Bring IT Up

"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger."

"Why are you being nice to me?" Aden asks the boy that she has only known a total of five minutes. She couldn't wrap her mind around the fact that a guy like Theo would ever even speak to her let alone skip the first day of school with her.

"Am I suppose to be mean to you?" Theo laughs as he watches the blank look on Aden's face.

"I don't know. You seem like the type of guy to have more important things to do then to sit here and skip class with the new girl." 

"You're new? I didn't know because I'm new too. I guess we can be new together?" Theo smiles and so the first time in a long time Aden actually smiles a real smile back at him.

She continues to laugh but questions him one last time "So you're really new to Beacon Hills High School this year and you're skipping on the first day? What would your parents think?"

Theo smiled and laughed along with her without ever actually answering her question, to which Aden found rather odd but pushed it aside because she finally felt like maybe she would have a friend here. 

Spending the rest of their day just talking and getting to know each other, Aden learned how much her and this new boy Theo had in common. Both of them had a sibling and both enjoyed skateboarding, along with learning that they both attended the same music camp when they were only nine years old. Aden had finally found someone to talk to and she didn't want to let him leave because she knew as soon as he did she was back in her own world; fighting with her brother and hating her mother. 

Theo was rambling about on about how his sister had helped him to conquer his fear of heights when Aden remembered that she had to go back to the school and pick up Liam. 

"I am so sorry to ruin this but I have to go pick up my little brother so do you need me to drop you off at your house or..." Theo interrupted Aden as if he was in a panic when she mentioned taking him to his house. "You can just take me back to the school. Thanks"

Aden didn't say much on their ride to the school, she kept wondering why Theo snapped like he did when she mentioned his house. She genuinely liked Theo but a part of her knew that something was up with him, she just didn't know what it was yet.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" Aden asks as Theo gets out of her car. "You kind of have to... Remember we actually do have classes together if we go to them" Theo laughs. He had a good sense of humor and that was definitely a good quality that Aden loved.

"You're actually still here?" Liam questions his sister as he runs toward her with his lacrosse stick in hand breaking her from her thoughts about Theo.

"I'm your ride remember?" Aden speaks with a sarcastic tone in her voice.

"I remember I just didn't think you would actually stay since you hate me and everything." Liam says dragging back up the fact that Aden was having a harder time than most with her eyes open to the supernatural world.

"Don't go there with me Liam. I mean it." Aden states harshly not wanting to hear the same exact thing Liam tells her every chance he gets about how this is a good thing and all that other shit he mumbles on about.

"You do realize you are going to have to come to terms with it one day?" Liam reminds Aden which only infuriates her more.

"Why can't you just leave it alone? It's not even about you being a supernatural freak! It's about... You know what never mind." She snaps harshly at her brother as she trails off and turns  to go sit in her car and wait.

Ten minutes later Liam jogs up to Aden's black Toyota Camry jumping in the passenger side. He has so many things he wants to say to his sister but she just will not listen and he hates that about her.

Aden blocked every single part of her life that she wasn't completely in love with out and at the moment one of the parts she didn't completely love happened to be Liam.

Both siblings remained silent on the drive back to their house until they pulled into the driveway and Liam couldn't take it anymore.

"I get that you are mad that I lied to you about the werewolf thing and about the-" Before Liam could even get the words out of his mouth his sister much like himself snapped "Don't you dare finish that sentence! Nothing you have to say will ever fix this so just stop! Okay Liam? Just stop! Please." Aden screamed as she began to bang her hands on her steering wheel.

Liam was not the only one in the Dunbar family with anger issues, he was just the one who showed it more.

"Aden! Stop!" Liam begged his sister and as soon she quit throwing a tantrum long enough to get out of her car and bolt for the safety of her room.

Liam knew to follow behind his sister when she was having one of her anger spells just to ensure that she wouldn't hurt herself. But Aden knew to stay as far away from her brother as possible when she was angry because she didn't want him to stop her. She wanted to hurt herself and Liam knew that.

Aden ran up the stairs and griped the corner of the wall for half a second only for her to begin pounding her right foot into the wall over and over again until there wasn't anymore wall to kick.

"Aden! Calm down!" Liam yelled at his sister as she looked up at him.

"Fučk you" Aden spat as she walked into her room and slammed the door shut.

Liam knew the drill, it was time to patch the newly formed hole that was in the wall, at least this time he wasn't patching his own which made him feel a little better about himself and a hell of a lot worse for his sister.

Some things just really hit a nerve in both of them, and when that nerve was hit... There was no stopping either of them.