Meet His Promise

"Don't you think we're moving a little fast?" I asked Jace gaping at the ring. It was Friday and we were at a fancy restaurant called Johnnys and Jace had suddenly popped out the velvet box.

He laughed. "Just hear me out." He pleaded.

I nodded encouraging him to go on.

He took a deep breath and I smiled in anticipation of his speech. "There's only three words to explain why I'm giving you a promise ring." He began.

"Promise ring?" I repeated looking at it. "This thing is huge." I gushed.

He gave me an annoyed look. I held up my hands in apology. "The three words?" I inquired.

He leaned forward clasping his hands. "It's pretty simple, I love you."

I simply smiled, deciding not to tell him it was six words. "And I promise to love you forever." He continued. "Even if you stop loving me." He took my hand in his and kissed it. "And I also wanted to top this." He added, fingering my charm bracelet. "You don't really have to wear it you know."

I rolled my eyes. "I promised him." Jace gave me a look. "He's a really great guy, when he's not worried about money and all, we had times where I really had fun with him."

He still looked unconvinced. I sighed. "Not every bad guys is all bad. Look at Loki for instance." I said.

"Loki was all bad." Jace pointed out.

"I know," I said shrugging, "but he's so handsome." I gushed sighing.

Jace snorted. "Give me one villain who's not all bad and I'll forget all about this." He bargained.

"The hulk." I tried.

"Not a villain."

"Batman?"

"Really?" He asked incredulously.

I sighed racking my brain for any villains. "The Pink Panther."

He frowned. "Who?"

I groaned looking around for inspiration. I didn't watch comics or anything that really had action in it. This would be impossible.

"See? There's no one as bad as To-"

"Sandman!" I exclaimed.

"Sandman?"

"Yeah." I said excitedly. "He stole so that he could help his daughter or something like that."

Jace stared at me for a long time and I knew he was trying to find a way to prove me wrong. I crossed my arms smugly. "Just say it." I sang.

He glared at me. "You..." He sighed. "You win."

-:¥:-

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you!" Someone was singing. I groaned and rolled over covering my ears with my pillow. I didn't have to look up to know who it was.

Since I met him, Ash hadn't missed a birthday, and he never missed a chance to wake me up at five o'clock in the morning for it.

"For the last time," I grumbled. "I was born at ten." I reminded him.

He laughed and jumped on top of me. "I love you Koala Bear." He said planting a wet kiss on my cheek.

I huffed and finally opened my eyes throwing him off of me. "I hate you." I muttered.

"No." He replied. "I hate you." He retorted. "How dare you turn eighteen before me?"

I rolled my eyes. "I'm going to go take a shower."

Everyone was downstairs in the nook when I finished. They all wished me a happy birthday. It was a bit loud because literally everyone was in the room.

Jace stood and wished me a happy birthday giving me a kiss right in front of everyone. "Jace." I hissed in embarrassment as everyone laughed.

He chuckled. "So, should we get a curtain for our wedding?" he teased.

I blushed deeper at the mention of a wedding. He smiled and took my hand leading me to my seat.

"We got your favorite for breakfast." Bailey informed me. "Courtesy of Ashton."

On the table were large stacks of pancakes, a big pan of scrambled eggs, a wide bowl of tater tots.

Lily came in with a large bottle of syrup. "Word on the street is that you can't get enough syrup." She said smiling. "Happy birthday dear."

"Thanks Lily." I replied.

Breakfast was the best I'd had in a long time. Even Roderick seemed to have gotten over his previous aversion towards me.

Instead of its usual half hour, breakfast lasted for two whole hours. Christian gave me his present early, along with Bailey and Diego.

Christian bought me a cotton candy maker which I squealed about for like five minutes. Bailey and Diego bought me two new dresses and a gold necklace.

"Well," Ash said standing. "Dakota and I have got to get going." He said.

"Where?" Roderick asked.

"A little birthday ritual." He said vaguely. Jace gave me a confused look but I just smiled and got up. "Thanks for the amazing breakfast and presents." I told everyone.

"I'll be waiting in the car." Ash said.

I nodded and proceeded down the hallway. "I'll walk you." Quintin said. "I have to give you my present."

"What is it?" I asked eagerly. He rolled his eyes.

"So, I'm studying engineering in school and there's this 3-D printer. So I designed my own charm for your bracelet."

My eyes widened. "Really?"

He reached into his pocket as we stopped outside my door. He took my had and opened my palm and placed it inside. The charm was a small silver heart, it was three dimensional instead of 2-D.

"It's really pretty." I said. The skin was really glossy and in very tiny letters it read sis.

I pulled Quintin into a hug. "Thank you so much Quintin." I gushed.

He shrugged. "Anything for my favorite sister."

I laughed. "I thought Jace was your favorite sister." I teased. He snorted and kissed my cheek.

"Happy birthday." He muttered before walking back downstairs. I smiled to myself and hooked the charm to my bracelet.

After taking a shower, I put on the wig Ash brought me which was an ugly blonde color and was exceptionally tangled. I put on heavy makeup making sure to put circles on my cheeks for blush.

I tore at the bottom of one of my old T-shirts then cut one leg of a pair of pants. After that, I put on two different shoes and a bunch of flashy jewelry. I topped it off with the ugly sweater Ash brought.

I smiled at myself in the mirror, feeling satisfied with what I'd done. Jace came in then, I turned to face him and he froze.

"Ummm..." he was at a loss for words.

I placed my hands on my hips. "How do I look?" I asked grinning at him. He gave me a weird look.

"Does this have to do with..."

"Ash and I have a tradition where on each others birthdays, we make ourselves ugly and go out in public, we love people's reactions. Can you believe how shallow the world is?" I asked shaking my head. Jace rolled his eyes.

"You two are weird." He said. "I'd kiss you...but..." he put his hands up in the air.

I laughed and planted a big wet kiss on his cheek leaving a lipstick mark. "See you later."

QUESTION OF THE DAY (comment below)

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT VICTORIA JUSTICE?

CHECK OUT MY STORY "THE BABYSITTER" WHERE A CHANCE ACCIDENT LEADS A TROUBLED GIRL TO AN EVEN MORE TROUBLED GUY AND HIS HANDSOME BROTHER AS THEY RACE AGAINST TIME TO STOP A GUY WHO IS WELL...UNSTOPPABLE