Meet The Lady Whisperer

Bailey was hesitant to send me away when I had school but obliged when I told her I would only be missing one day.

Quintin helped me pack my bag. "What are you wearing on the red carpet?" He asked me.

I looked at him confused. "Red carpet?"

He rolled his eyes. "Of course there'll be one."

I nodded. "Right. Well, I'll search through my dresses." I said casually. I actually only owned one formal dress, the one that Ash bought me for the party.

Quintin ignoring my comment, held up a finger and left the room. I'd finished packing my toiletries and undergarments when he returned.

He was holding up a covered dress. He opened it to reveal a long simple dress that shimmered whenever he moved it. It was like a silver waterfall. I gaped at it afraid to touch it.

"Wow." I breathed. "It's gorgeous."

He shrugged smiling. "I was saving it for your birthday but since your birthday is next Saturday, you can have it now."

I threw my arms around his neck. "Thank you so much."

I took it and folded it carefully and placed it in the top closing my suitcase slowly.

Quintin smiled. "I'll be watching for you on the tv. I bet you'll be the most beautiful." He praised.

I blushed. "I doubt it. But thanks." I gave him one more hug then put on my hat. "I guess I'll try to say goodbye to Jace."

Quintin frowned. "Actually, Jace has been gone all day." He informed me apologetically.

"Oh." My face fell. "Okay. Well just tell him I said bye." I muttered.

I gathered up my suitcase but Quintin, being the gentlemen he was, took it from me and started out the door. I grabbed my book bag then followed him down the stairs.

"Have fun Dakota." Bailey said smiling. Though she seemed okay, I was still afraid to speak to her after my confession. I kept apologizing but she continuously brushed it off. They all did, which seemed to anger Jace more and more.

It was like he wanted then to be angry with me. I hoped his own anger would subside soon. Even if we didn't get back together, I wanted him to at least talk to me again.

Gregg was sitting on the couch downstairs waiting for me. After school he'd picked me up so that we could get going. He wanted to have time to take me sightseeing.

I gave Tristan a big hug, while Roderick sat on the couch with his arms crossed.
I sighed and said goodbye to him anyways, then headed out the door.

"Are you excited?" Gregg asked me in the car.

I grinned at him. "You have no idea." I'd called Ash and bragged to him all morning. He promised to watch me and tell everyone.

We drove to the airport where we boarded Gregg's private jet. I gaped at it in awe. "This is huge."

He set my luggage down. "I wanted you to be comfortable." He said shrugging as if riding in a jet was an everyday thing for, though it probably was.

"Game?" He asked pointing to the mini pool table.

"I've never played." I admitted.

He shrugged. "Well, now we have time to kill so I'll teach you." He offered.

"Okay." I agreed.

"So," I said as we started. "Why didn't you just ask Selena Gomez?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes. "Because, I wanted to ask you." I smiled. It was a good enough answer for me.

Nobody had ever picked me over Selena Gomez. Or any celebrity for that matter.

We spent the next two hours playing pool. For the first hour, Gregg taught me, then we could actually play a game. I lost of course but I had a lot of fun.

We took a break and a man came out and served us drinks and finger food.

"Something's up." Gregg said putting down his drink.

I give him a strange look. "How can you tell?"

He shrugged looking smug. "I guess I'm the lady whisperer." He said spreading his arms wide.

I rolled my eyes. "I just have a lot on my mind." I said vaguely.

He raised his eyebrows. I huffed. "Mr. Lady Whisperer is very nosy." I muttered.

"Spill." He demanded taking away my chicken tender.

"Oh fine!" I exclaimed. "Jace and I dated for a little over a week then he found out I lied to him so he broke up with me and he won't speak to me." I said all in one breath. I felt better once it was off my chest.

He stared at me blankly for a while. "Geez you moved on fast. How many boyfriends have you had since I left?" He asked. I sighed. Of corse that's what he was worried about.

"Two?" I confessed. I wasn't sure if Tony counted.

He shook his head smiling. "I must have not left much of an impression on you then." He concluded.

I shrugged. "You were pretty great but Jace, he seems so cold, but he's actually really sweet. I really like him." I said quietly.

"Well tell him that." Gregg advised.

I shook my head. "He won't listen."

Gregg wrapped an arm around me. "He'll come around." He promised kissing my temple.

I fell asleep then, dreaming of all the worst things that could happen at the premiere. First I accidentally spilled my drink all over Selena Gomez, then I stood up from the table too fast and pulled table cloth with me, then Jace came.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him. I was hoping he'd come for me. He smirked at me.

"You think I came for you don't you?" He asked snidely, smirking.

I looked down at my hands. "Well I was kind of hoping." I confessed.

He shrugged. "Sorry to crush your hopes but, I'm here on a date." He said proudly.

I frowned. "A date? With who?" I silently prayed it wasn't Talia.

Just then, none other than Selena Gomez appeared and took Jaces arm. He smiled at her and kissed her cheek. "I'm sure you know Selena Gomez."

I woke up in a cold sweat.

Gregg was sitting up reading a book. "What's wrong?" He asked setting it down.

I shook my head. "I'm going to the bathroom." I said before leaving the room.