Meet Dakotas Bodyguards

I spent my Sunday going over everything with Bailey and Diego; they initially decided not to investigate until they found the safe behind the painting empty.

Bailey knew that it had to be somebody from the inside, I could tell she didn't quite believe my story but Jace backed me up by telling them how he found me over and over. Only somebody that knew about the house would have been able to know that there was money in the safe. And only somebody close to the family would have been able to know the combination or be able to guess it. 

I felt horrible for lying to them all, but I couldn't have Tony going to jail when his sister was hospitalized and needed medication. I wanted to do the right thing, but doing the right thing coincided with doing the wrong thing. I was torn. 

Two grueling hours later,  I was allowed to rest, not that I needed it, but Jace kept treating me like porcelain and I wasn't complaining.

"You wanna do something together?" He asked me as we sat in my room.

I smirked. "Are you asking me out on a date Bruno?" I teased, shoving his shoulder playfully.

He shrugged. "More like a...okay yeah, I'm asking you on a date." He replied defeated.

I smiled. "You naughty boy, you haven't even asked me if I'm still in a relationship. For all you know, you're taking some lucky guys girlfriend."

He leaned over me and smirked, not saying a word. Then he closed the distance between us and kissed me. It was the second time he'd kissed me but this time I was ready. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he pushed me down against the bed deepening the kiss.

He bit my lip and I couldn't help but let him gain entrance. He explored my mouth for a little before breaking off to run kisses down my neck.

"Hey. Have some decency. A part of getting a room is closing the door."

I jumped up, pushing Jace off of me and causing him to tumble to the floor.

"Kennedy!" I exclaimed. I ran to him and jumped into his arms hugging him tight.

"What are you doing here?" I asked after he set me down with a grin.

"I heard about the robbery. I'm just making sure you're okay." He said, plopping down on my bed and nudging Jace's fallen body with his toe.

"Thanks. That was thoughtful of you. You didn't bring me flowers though." I complained.

"Ooh!" He squealed. "We should go get some ice cream. Ice cream makes everyone feel better." Kennedy said excitedly.

I rolled my eyes and looked behind me to see that Jace was no longer on the floor. He was standing by my window glaring out of it. "Actually, I already have plans with Jace." I said, suddenly feeling guilty that I had let Kennedy interrupt.

Kennedy's face fell making me feel guilty once again because he traveled to see me for the day. "How about this? We go for ice cream, all three of us, but then you have to leave." I told him.

"Wow thanks." Kennedy said sarcastically. "But okay. Sounds good. I'll probably take the twins out later anyways."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Twins?"

He shrugged getting up. "It's easier than saying Roderick and Tristan. Now get ready. I haven't got all day." He ordered before leaving the room.

I walked over to Jace and took his hand. "Hey." I said.

He wouldn't look at me. I smiled. "You're so cute when you're jealous." I cooed.

"Who's jealous?" He asked defensively, snatching his hand out of mine and crossing his arms childishly.