O.B.W. Ch. 8

Mikhail is immediately by my side, taking me into his arms and hugging me fiercely. I sigh and hug him back. Pulling back, I sigh, committing his beautiful blue eyes to memory. He smiles down at me, and I smile back grimly. Sensing this, he grabs my chin, making me look up at him when I would've looked down.

  "Don't worry, Ari. I will defeat my lil' bro and get you for good." Tears fall from my eyes, and I try to look down again.

  "No, no, no, no, no . . . no crying, my love." He kisses my hair as he hugs me again.

  "It's not that." I say. My words are muffled against his chest, but I know that he can hear me. I look up him."I'm crying tears of shame. Because I'm the reason that you have to fight your brother . . ." I trail off, unable to continue.

  "Don't you ever think that." He kisses me sweetly."Alex made his own problems. You didn't cause this." He goes to kiss me again, but I'm snatched from his arms.

  "You were taking too long." Darian says evilly."So Alex sent me to come get her."

  I shudder as I can feel the blood dripping down his chin and onto my neck.

  "Mikha growls."That's strike one, you freak!"

  Darian just smirks at him and drags me away.

                                   *                                              *                                               *

Sorry that it's so short, guys, but I'm having writer's block. But I still wanted to upload, so . . .

Anyway, hope ya like it. I promise to upload more once I'm past this stupid writer's block.