33

GONE - 33

Dear Issac,

Friday came around much faster than expected,

I didn't dress up that much since we were going for some coffee.

On this 'date' I wore shorts with a white blouse and some sandals; the perfect summer outfit.

With Issac's date, I was dressier.

I made my way to the shop in my car, where I'd meet Diesel.

Issac picked me up from my house.

* * * 

[EMMA]

I step into the small coffee shop, the bell ringing on the door as I do so. This shop is small and dainty but it's homely and welcoming; it's been around for ages.

My grandparents used to come here when they were younger, my mum and dad met here and this also used to be Issac and I's favourite place to meet up. Now, I was meeting someone new here and maybe marking a new point in history.

I look around the shop and find Diesel in the corner table by the window, typing something on his phone.

I send him a quick text, saying 'look at the door' and his eyes immediately shoot up. When they land on me, he smiles and gets out of his seat. After he has reached me, he goes in for a hug. Well, that was forward. Forward but different.

I return the hug and he leads me to the table he was sitting on, pulling out the chair for me to sit on.

Gentleman like, just like Issac. I need to stop thinking about him on this date.

We sit in silence as we just look at each other. What do I say?

"So..." He begins.

"So..." I continue.

"How have you been, Miss Emma?"

"I've been getting happier, Diesel. By the way, please don't refer to me as 'Miss', it makes me feel old." I cringe.

"Why were you not happy, Miss Emma?" He props his elbow onto the table and leans forward. His eyes are innocent but he has a mischievous smile on his face.

I do the same, "Well Mr Diesel that is for another time. How have you been? Still getting over that someone?"

"You're right, that is cringe worthy."

"You didn't answer my question."

"I'd say I am 75% there." He winks and I laugh.

Maybe this date will be okay, or even better.

* * *

Author's Note: AN EXTRA LONG CHAPTER FOR YOU! Okay maybe it's not that long but oh well.

#Demma feels. 

One question: #Demma or #Isma?