5

GONE - 5

Dear Issac, 

I was reflecting a lot, as you know, but it was about someone else we used to know very well. Remember Lucy?

We were both so close, she was my only other best friend apart from you. Sometimes, I couldn't say much to you because they were awkward things to talk about but she'd give her perfect advice. Don't get me wrong, you gave perfect advice too but a girl's advice and a guy's advice is very different.

You witnessed everything first hand when I lost her, when she changed because of those bullies. Those sad bullies who found joy in torturing one of my best friends in secondary school. The worst thing is that she faced it alone because she didn't want to burden either of us.

I had only found out just before she left to move across towns, the day before. She had told me and she was crying which hurt me to see her in such a vulnerable state but she wasn't the same Lucy I knew - we knew. 

She was cold. I don't know what caused this sudden change in her character towards me but I didn't question her much since she'd been through a lot. One thing that caused a change in me was that I turned cold.

 I turned cold because I wanted to be strong, in a way, for her. As an apology for being such a bad best friend that she couldn't even open up to me. I know that nothing would change her dreadful experience but I tried.

You were there through it all though. You were there to get past my cold exterior. You said there was still the kind hearted Emma somewhere.

You stayed with me.

* * *

Author's Note: So her name is Emma! How'd you like it?

As usual, leave me your thoughts in the comments!