2. Flying

:)
I sat on Titaniums couch, my side all bandaged up and a warm blanket wrapped around my shaking self. In my hands was a fresh and hot cup of tea which was slowly calming me down.

"How're you feeling?" I heard a deep voice question from behind me, I turned around to see Titanium looking at me intensely with a furrow between his brows. And to my shock, he was dressed normally. Black skinny jeans and a black T-shirt adorned on his body, the swirls of ink coming to life on his arms now that they were bare. My god, he looked attractive.

"I-I'm fine, thank you so much for helping me. I would've never gotten away alone." I said in gratitude, he saved my life. I guess, now I know why the city raves about these lot so much.

"Why were you out alone?" He asked as he stalked over and took a seat opposite me.

"Well, this is my second week in the country, and it was the second day on my job, so I wanted to find my way home. . ." I said chuckling nervously, I could tell this didn't sit right with him by the clenching of his jaw. Holy. .

"That was very irresponsible, you shouldn't wander around alone at night." he said firmly. He didn't seem like the usual comic book superhero, preppy and bouncing all over the place, he seemed quite dark, like a punk version of a superhero. He was by far the most serious out of them all, but then again he's the most powerful and the most feared one.
Realising something I frowned, I didn't know his name, like his real name. Titanium couldn't be his real name right?

"Um, what's your name?" I asked shyly peeking at him over the rim of my cup, his slightly sour expression didn't change as he gruffly responded.

"Harry."
I giggled lightly, not thinking he would have such a normal cute name, but then again he is normal-- well to a point.

Looking mindlessly at my phone I jumped in place upon seeing the time. It read 2:30 AM. Shit.

"Harry, I should go, it's getting really late." I said shrugging the blanket off me as I slowly stood up, wincing at the sharp pain in my side every time I made a movement.

No work for me then.

He nodded his head glancing at his watch as his eyes widened.

"I'll take you." he said firmly coming over to me and wrapping a arm around my waist getting ready to haul me towards his chest and fly off.

"Wait!" I squeaked moving backwards out of his grip, he rolled his eyes at me and raised his brows as if to say 'what now'.

"C-can't we drive there. ." I murmured as my cheeks tinted from our close proximity. He chuckled deeply.

"Depends. Where do you live?" He asked, I had to think about this actually, but thankfully I had memorised my full address for any situations.

"Crescent bay apartments." He laughed slightly.

"Darling, do you know how far away that is? In a car it'll take us about an hour," he said already opening a window. I gulped, I hated heights. I guess before, I was too zoned out to notice but I would notice now, and I'm scared. Oh my god.

He beckoned me over once he had climbed out onto the balcony, I nervously made my way over and grabbed his hand shyly as he helped me out. He grabbed a part of the railing and pushed it, sending it open like a door so that left a chunk where he could fly from. Gulp.

"Come on." He said wrapping a arm arm around my waist and pressing the front of me against his chest, he stood facing the gap in the railing and I had my back to it, my arms wrapped tightly around his neck and my nose buried in his chest.

"Ready?" He questioned shuffling forward.

I whimpered out a small 'no' which was promptly ignored. He held my shoulders and suddenly pushed me backwards. The both of us tumbling through the air heading south.

I screamed wrapping my legs around him as tears formed in my eyes, why'd he do that? We were gonna die now! The air rushing past my ears made me sick.

I screamed and screamed until all of a sudden we were flying normally, me hanging off his body like a baby koala. I gasped for breath and I'm sure I could hear a light chuckle from above me.

That asshole did that on purpose didn't he.

"Ass."

Is all I muttered once we had landed outside my apartment block, he had a arrogant smirk planted across his face and his dimples were cratering into his cheeks. I watched slightly amazed, he had dimples. Oh god.

But too soon for my liking his smirk faded and he clenched his jaw tight again.

"You live alone?" He questioned frowning down at me intensely. I bobbed my head not having the energy to verbally respond. He seemed to think over this for awhile.

"Ok. . . Be careful. Goodnight." He said beginning to back away, I nodded my head sending him a warm smile.

"Thanks again, Harry, sleep well." I added sweetly before turning around and digging my keys out of my purse as I began to make my towards the entrance.

Second week of living in New York and this happens. I swear I sometimes feel like I have a neon signboard above my head that attracts trouble, it's not I that looks for trouble, it comes looking for me. Well, this is the overused excuse I would always deliver to my parents whenever I smashed a vase or ruined my outfits during my childhood. I sighed shutting the door behind me and switching on the lights of my apartment.

The first things on my mind were painkillers and sleep.