Chapter 11 'Birthday?'

Jay and I have been together for three years who ever has been trying to kidnap me has seemed to have stopped.

'TODAY'S MY BIRTHDAY! IM FINALLY TURNING 18!'

I ran to Jay's room to find it locked. I huffed and walked to the kitchen and found Zane and-

"Jay?!"

He turned around and saw me his eyes going wide and he laughed.

"I'm so glad my door is locked! Kai!!!!"

Kai walked and immediately saw me, he shook his head and chuckled at us. Kai grabbed my arm and gently drug me back to my room, sat me down and made me lay against the head board in my room.

"I'm turning 18 KAIIIIIII I want to see my boyfriend!"

He laughed at me and smiled.

"You will see him in a little bit but right now you stay in bed. Your turning 18 remember?"

He winked at me and left the room, I pouted and smiled as Jay came into my room holding two plates of pancakes and two glasses of milk on a tray. He sat the try next to me, I moved over so he could sit next me. Jay turned on my TV and we watched Divergent and Insurgent while we ate.

"Avery?"

"Yea?"

"Where do you want to go for your birthday?"

"I don't know Jay. You know I don't like being put on the spot like that. Where do you think we should go?"

He thought about it for a minute then decided.

"It will have to be a surprise date then so dress casual but still kind of fancy Okay? The date will be at noon so go ahead and get ready."

I nodded by head and he left my room with the plates. I looked at the clock and saw it was already 10:30. I got up took a shower in the attached bathroom and texted Nya still in my towel.

Text Conversation.

Avery: NYA HELP I HAVE A DATE WITH JAY IN AN HOUR!

Nya: Be there in 5 with my greatest opinion.

Avery: Thanks Nya you're the best! Oh I almost forgot he said dress casual but kind of fancy.

Nya: Ok! I know what to make you were now! Be right there!

-------5 MINS Later-----

Nya: un-lock the door! I'm here!

Avery: OK! J

Text Conversation Over.

I opened the door to find Nya with a Straightener and her make up kit.

"Nya I don't were make-up..."

She looked at me a laughed a little as she put the stuff in my bathroom.

"No but I do and I was hoping you could help me I have a date with Cole in 30 minutes and I want to look nice. Now let's see what you have in your closet.

After 10 minutes Nya finally pulled out an electric blue mini dress that flows out at the ends with a black sash and black leggings and high heels to match the dress. I grabbed my necklace along with a black coat. While I was doing her hair and make up a knock came from my door.

"Nya? Avery?"

'Kai?'

I walked out of the bathroom to see Kai with his eyes covered and in my room. I giggled softly and removed his hand.

"Yea Kai? What's up?"

"I just came to tell Nya she doesn't have to rush he is gonna be a tiny bit late since he isn't back yet."

Nya looked down in disappointment and I smiled at her.

"Maybe he's making sure the date is something special that you never forget? You're always saying how he goes above and beyond on your dates."

She smiled and nodded her head, Nya grabbed my hand and made me sit down while she re straightened my hair from sleeping in my signature French braid. When Nya left Jay arrived early for our date. Before we left the monastery he blind folded me, I felt his hands guide me from my waist. He guided me for what seemed like hours I finally decided to speak after realizing he was to quite.

"Jay?"

"Yea Avery?"

'He sounds nervous...'

"When are we getting to this date spot that you want to be special and why do I have to be blind folded? Why do you sound nervous? Why does it smell like somethings burning?!"

I heard him chuckle in his sweet voice.

"All your questions will be answered in time Avery."

I growled softly.

"Stop sounding like my uncle and tell me already!"

He laughed a little louder.

"Sorry babe but no. You will find out soon! ~"

He sang in a sing song voice as he led me further, we suddenly stopped and I felt his hands remove the blind fold off of my eyes. As soon as he removed the blind fold I was greeted by the most beautiful site I could ever see. The full moon that peaked from behind the mountain bathed the small lake in a soft glow. Small light blue lights were placed in mason jars while those were hidden in the trees. A small round table was placed in a clearing at the edge of the lakes bed. The table was covered by a white cloth and covered with a beautiful steak dinner and a single rose in a vase in the middle of the table. I gasped in surprise at the beautiful scenery. I turned to jay and hugged him tight.

"It's beautiful Jay!"

He nodded and motioned for me to sit down, we talked and joked around when jay all of the sudden got nervous again.

"Ok Jay why are you so nervous?"

He didn't answer instead he got down on one knee and pulled a beautiful ring that had a round sapphire in the middle while the band hugged the sapphire two perfect diamonds side perfect fully beside it. I gasped again and covered my mouth to hide my smile, I tried to hold back my tears of joy while he spoke.

"Avery Rose Garmadon w-would you make me the h-happiest man alive and...M-m-marry m-me?"

He looked up and noticed my tears, I saw his hope fade slightly as he patiently waited for my decision.  I started nodding my head quickly trying to make the words form on my lips.

"Yes Jay....Yes Jay YES!!!!!! YES I WILL MARRY YOU!!!"

I was sure all of Ninjago could hear me scream my answer but I wanted him to know I meant it. He smiled the special smile that could light up all of Ninjago then stood up and placed the ring on my left ring finger. I took the opportunity to stand up and kiss his lips and wrap my arms around his neck. He placed his hands on my waist and we ran back to the bounty, we went into his room and he automatically wrapped his hands around my waist again while I wrapped my arms around his neck. He pushed me against the door and locked it automatically afterward, he deepened the kiss and pulled me to the bed laying me down and crawling on top of me. He took his shirt off while trying not to brake the kiss and taking my shirt off as well.