Chapter 8 'No Time Like The Present'

I was starting to come back to consciousness, my eyelids felt too heavy to open.

"When is she going to wake up? Sensei...I'm scared"

'Jay...? Is that him? Is he scared that he is going to lose me?'

"Do not worry about her Jay...She is strong. She will make it through this, what I am worried about is what they gave her to knock her out."

I start to struggle so they know something good. I do not know how long I have been a sleep but I could tell it was more than a day. I moved slightly but I thought I felt Jay's hand, I heard a gasp at the sudden contact between our hands. 

"AVERY?! ARE YOU AWAKE!?"

Jay started to scream, all I could do was move my right arm to the right. My response was vague but I know he knew I was awake now.

Jays POV

"Avery...I'm so glad you're a wake....please show me your beautiful blue-gray eyes that take my breath away...show me the smile that could melt my heart into my very being---wait sorry I forgot you're not my girlfriend and you will never like any of us like that..."

I said sadly. I dropped my hand from her medical bed and went to talk to Kai and Cole.

"Guys? Can we not fight over Avery anymore? I don't want to upset her more than I already have and I know you guys don't either..."

I trailed off as tears welled up in my eyes.

"Jay me and Kai have been wondering...are you using Avery to get to Nya?"

I looked at Cole a mix or shock and anger clearly written on my face.

"NO WAY IN NINJAGO WOULD I DO THAT! AND IF YOUR'E DOING THAT I SWEAR YOU TWO WILL BE DOING DOUBLE TRIANING BECAUSE I'LL TELL SENSEI WU THEN I'LL TELL LLOYD!"

I screamed at their faces and I realized the looks they wore were guilty ones. My anger boiled over as I noticed and screamed again.

"SENSEI! LLOYD!!!! I would be very scared if I were you two."

Within seconds Lloyd and Sensei Wu walked into the room. Finally I realized why they were scared. It wasn't because of Lloyd and Sensei it was because my hands had lightning pulsing around them like bass to rap music. I found my voice venom spilling from every letter I pronounced.

"THEY. WERE. USING. AVERY. TO. GET. TO. SKYLOR. AND. NYA."

As I spoke my lightning started pulsing quicker, Sensei hit Kai and Cole with his staff several times, Lloyd punched them in the stomach and they coward behind Nya as I was about to give them black eyes. Nya looked at me then Kai and Cole then back to me.

"I'm not in this."

She said as she left leaving them with a petrifying lightning ninja. When everyone was out of sight, I grabbed them both by the collars of their shirts and beat them till my anger subsided. I looked at my bruised friends, I stopped before I could really do any damage to their bodies. I started yelling at them giving them the lecture that they deserved. I heard a sharp intake of breath to see Lloyd pulling away a very hurt looking Avery.

"OMN! When did she wake up?!"

Sensei walked in telling Kai and Cole that they have training after their wounds heal and were to report to their rooms immediately. I rushed out of the room after hearing the punishment.

'I need to see Avery...I hope she is okay...she woke up at the worst possible time'

  Avery's POV

"Lloyd explanation now?! Why did Jay beat up Kai and Cole?!" 

I whisper yelled, I feel like this is my fault.

"Sis calm down, you know Jay would never hurt you and-"'

"HE DID THOUGH WHEN HE BEAT UP KAI AND COLE HE HURT ME TWO! HE MIGHT AS WELL HAVE PUT A GUN TO MY HEAD! LLOYD, I HAD A BIG CRUSH ON KAI! HE LOVES ME AND NOW HE MIGHT NEVER GO NEAR ME AGAIN! I HATE JAY AND HOPE I NEVER SEE HIM AGAIN!"

I turned around to walk away and storm to my apartment to find the one and only Jay Walker standing behind me. Tears swelling in his eyes and I could see Kai and Cole with old news bruises and now shocked faces. I glared at Jay and stormed out of the monastery, I heard running then a slam before I left. 

Nya's POV

'Great just great! I wanted them together not tossed apart! Stupid Kai! Stupid Cole! Why couldn't they have left her alone?!'

I stomped to my brother and glared at him hard.

"Explanation. NOW."

I said venom dripping from my voice heavily. I didn't even try to act all nice and on their side.  Kai's and Cole's expressions changed from that of shock to disappointment and regret as it always does when he knows he messed up big time.

"I...I kissed her Nya...and I might have used my element a little...to make her feel something...to make her think I felt something...but we are only acting of sensei's accord...he told us that we have to confuse her to make her learn things aren't always as they seem...Nya she's a ninja this is her lesson...sensei told us at her apartment earlier and well things got a little....well a little out of hand..."

I looked at my brother and my 'boyfriend' Cole in utter disbelief, I looked to Lloyd who was about to punch their faces in. Again. I let out a slow painful sigh.

"Lloyd talk to your sister. I'll talk to Jay, they have to talk to each other or this team is going to fall apart."

I started running toward Jay's room and suddenly remembered something as I turned around I saw Lloyd knock out Kai and Cole. I smiled.

Thanks Lloyd I was about to tell them to go their rooms and await more punishment, but that got blown away. Oh well."

I run to Jay's room and this time made it to the door to hear him crying, I gave a soft sigh and knocked on the door.