Chapter 10 'The Truth'

Jay's POV

Lloyd, Sensei Wu, Kai, Col, Nya and Zane walked into the room with smiles on their faces, I was still holding Avery's hand as she slept. Two more figures appeared behind them, I recognized them immediately as Misako and Montgomery Garmadon. My grip tightened on Avery's hand as I turned back to her sleeping face.

"I don't want Kai or Cole anywhere near her."

"Jay, Kai and Cole are her friends two, and they are also still your brothers'"

Nya spoke gently trying to calm the situation, that's when it struck me.

"Sensei Garmadon? When did you back from the cursed realm?"

He looked at me puzzled for a moment then smiled.

"Lloyd, Nya and Misako found a way to un-curse someone's soul, that's why me and Ronin are no longer going or in the cursed realm. We were set free."

I nodded my head at him not wanting him are anyone else to wake up my sleeping love. I felt my head snapped, from the position I had unconsciously moved, back to Avery. She started groaning in her sleep about everyone leaving her alone.

"Avery, there's some people here who want to meet you."

I spoke gently to her to wake her up softly.

"Five more minutes' baby...I'm tired...please...just tell them to go away for a five more minutes..."

She tugged my sleeve a little tighter and dragged me into bed with her and wrapping her arms around my waist, I stroked her hair soothingly and shrugged while she went to sleep. A smile spread across Garmadon's face that beamed with pride.

"Looks like she picked the right one"

When Garmadon spoke Avery's eyes shot open faster than my lightning and she sat up. Avery looked at him with a look of confusion and happiness and even more confusion before stretching her arms out and grinning.

"Daddy I want a hug! And I can't move!"

She giggled having Garmadon laugh at her. As they embraced everyone looked stunned.

"I like this better than only seeing your spirit, I can actually hug you this way."

Garmadon pulled away and introduced Misako as her mother, after their hug she wrapped her arms around me again.

"Brother, you said you know my daughter as soon as you saw her. How is that?"

Garmadon finally dropped the bomb-shell that we have all been waiting for. Sensei sighed and sipped his tea.

'When did that get their...Never mind...It's Sensei Wu...'

"When I first entered the apartment my eyes landed on her necklace automatically and I thought of the possibility that she could have stolen it or found it. But, when I looked at her eyes I noticed the same blue-gray as Garmadon and her dark hair was like Garmadon but the strength of it looked like Misako's. As I kept looking at her I could only come to the same conclusion that she was indeed Lucy Garmadon. My long-lost niece."

Everyone was speechless except Garmadon and Avery, they just smiled and laughed at everyone's shocked faces.

Avery's POV

Dad and I continuously laughed at the shocked expressions on everyone's faces, at the moment everything is perfect. I grabbed Jay's hand and realized for the first time that he is beside me, I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head on his stomach. I heard him sigh and relax into my arms, as he did he slid down so I was hugging his chest and his arms were wrapped around me safely. After being "asleep" for twenty minutes everyone started to ask questions.

"Garmadon?"

"Yea Kai"

"How did you know she was your daughter? You were in the cursed realm not dead. It doesn't make since...and wouldn't you be dead since we destroyed the preeminent?"

"No, I wouldn't be dead because Avery is the Elemental Ninja and used protection right before the preeminent was destroyed.  And I know she was my daughter because she used her spirit powers to communicate with me and also allowing me to see her life, even the time she was born."

I felt the tension in the air as it became deathly silent until I heard a voice I recognized as Cole.

"Please tell me you are not mad at me and Kai for tricking her...sensei said we needed to help realize her weakness as a ninja is feeling rejected and unwanted...and it got a little out of hand. We knew she was falling for Kai so he was supposed to tell her he didn't return the feelings-"

"When I really do...I really do like Avery...but she likes Jay. I knew that from the beginning..."

I heard Kai sigh and I felt his hand on my head.

"Kai, she does like you just need-"

"No Nya she loves Jay and I really hope he treats her right or he is going to be in a world of pain. Everything I said the other night about loving her. It was true. It was all true and I would never deny her the love she deserves. So I'll be her friend instead and deal with Jay always being her shoulder to cry on when he's not around."

Kai hesitantly moved his hand off my head, I felt my heart strings pull at what he was saying.

'The hot-headed ninja is willing to put his feelings aside to make me...happy?'

Jay's arms tightened around me slightly, enough that no one noticed but me.

'He's awake two?'

I gave a gentle smile as if I was smiling in my sleep at Jay. I heard my mother speak next in a gentle voice.

"Maybe we should take our leave? I'm sure it will be alright for those two want to sleep here alone.'

  I then heard everyone squeak out an okay in monotone voice. I noticed it's from Kai telling everyone his feelings. As I heard 7 pair of feet leave the room I heard a set of feet approach the bed beside me and Jay.

"I know you're not sleep baby girl and I know Jay is not a sleep. I just have one question for you and jay and I want you to whisper the answer in my ear."

Our eyes shot open and we looked at my dad with amusement in our eyes.

'He knew? Hahaha and didn't say anything. Just like my daddy.'

"What do you both think of what Kai said?"

Jay whispered first then me he nodded and said to ask the other what we said as he left the room. I looked to Jay and he looked to me, we spoke at the exact same time.

"He will be waiting a long time because I'm not leaving you."

We stared at each other smiled and shared another kiss before falling into a deep slumber.