Chapter 2 'Day After'

I awoke in a strange bed but knew exactly where I was. I got up, showered and got read for work at Doomsday Comics.

'I have three days at the hotel but I really don't want to live with my mom and dad anymore and every time I bring up moving out to them they ignore me and argue about who will have custody of me. I have had enough of everything! They want me to marry my ex because of his money and they want me to date three other guys too! They have been in a separation for five years and still don't know whether or not that they want to be together or not! It's ridiculously stupid and a waste of my precious time.'

I arrived at work five minutes before mother doomsday does like always and open up the comic shop. As I was sweeping the floors a guy with blonde hair and emerald green eyes wearing a green hoodie came in with another boy with spiky brown hair and amber eyes with a red hoodie on, came in and went straight to the back where we kept the star farer comics. I finished sweeping in record time and went behind the cash register to check them out.

"That will be $3.00 and you can sign up for the comic con if you'd like."

The blonde haired boys eyes lit up and he gasped in excitement. The burnet chuckled beside him.

"Lloyd you have to train" He looked at me "Thanks but no thanks but you can do me a favor and let me have your number cutie" He winked at me and me and Lloyd rolled our eyes.

"Kai, leave the girl alone. I'm sure she doesn't want people to actually hit on her so much that she throws up from cheesy pick-up lines."

I couldn't help it and I lost it. I was holding my side because it hurt from laughing and Mother Doomsday walked in. He looked at me and looked at the customers I calmed my laughing as I seen him giving them the eye. He smiled.

"Well, well if it isn't Lloyd Garmadon and Kai Flamey in the flesh!"

He said cheerfully. Lloyd and Kai smiled at him.

"Yea sorry mother Doomsday but we gotta run my uncle is gonna have my head if I'm gone to long!" Lloyd said equally cheerful.

"Yea oh and your employee tried to get my number" Kai said jokingly. Lloyd shook his head.

"Kai if my uncle heard that lie he'd whack you into next century" Lloyd laughed at this and I giggled. Mother doomsday couldn't hide his surprise at the fact that I giggled.

"I am not worthy of your presence Lloyd!" Kai and Lloyd looked shocked and my face reddened as he explained that I don't smile.

"I-It wasn't T-Them! I-I'm just in a g-good mood!" I stuttered.

Kai and Lloyd quickly backed up and ran out noticing I was uncomfortable they yelled a goodbye at us. After getting asked a million times who my new friend is Mother Doomsday finally gave up near the end of the day. I went to my parents' house and used my shrink ray in my watch to shrink everything into a carry bag and left only leaving a note on my bed that they will read when they get home from work one day this week. I found a perfect studio apartment and went to find another part time job.

'I don't need two jobs but I'll need the extra cash after I start my senior year next year.'

I found another job at a bakery in town not too far from my new apartment. I got my money back for the three nights I didn't stay at the hotel. I was excited to get that. I went back to Ninjago park it's around the time I meet Jay. I sat down in my spot by the cherry blossom tree to wait for my new apartment to be ready at three. I heard the muffled crying again and crawled quietly around the tree to find someone other than Jay. He was wearing a black hoodie and black pants, his raven black hair fell into his face as he sat up. I sat next to him.

"Hey are you Okay?"

I asked him cautiously he nodded slowly and laid on my shoulder.

"My best friend and I have been fighting over this girl we are both in love with and she chose him. Even though he doesn't want to be with her she still chooses him!"

He started to cry onto my shoulder again and I awkwardly rubbed his back.

"My name is Avery"

I said to break the silence.

"I'm c-c-Cole. C-C-Cole Brookstone"

I stood up and offered my hand to him.

"Come on Cole let's go on a walk"

He smiled slightly and accepted my hand. I ran around the tree and grabbed my bag, Cole followed me as I grabbed it and took the bag from me. I shook my head and tried to get it back but he held it over my head. He was finally laughing widely and his laugh was cute but I liked Jay's better, as I started thinking of Jay I became sad.

'I want to see Jay...'

Cole noticed my sadness and pushed me a little and I fell onto the ground.

"Oh, sorry Cole I just moved out of my parents today and I wanted to see my friend and I couldn't..."

Cole looked at me sadly.

"It's because of me isn't it?"

He put his hand out and I quickly shook my head as I took his hand. He pulled me up roughly and I fell against him and my lips connected with his. A hollow feeling rose into my chest and I regretted taking his hand as they went around my waist and my arms went around his neck and my free hand in his hair.

'There's a hollow feeling...like I'm doing something wrong...Jay...I...I'm sorry...but I can't wait forever...'