Chapter 5 'I Choose Neither'

I looked at Jay and then Lloyd then back to Jay.

"Why don't we recreate the moment?"

They shrugged in unison.

"Worth a shot. I want my girlfriend back."

Cole said sadly while frowning at the ground.

'I still don't see why I'm with you...I always thought I'd end up with Jay'

I looked down at the ground a little sad at the fact that I'd say yes to someone I didn't know. Pictures flooded through my mind at an alarming rate and my head started to feel really dizzy. I looked around as everything started to fade away, I noticed someone's hand on my back and another under my legs. Someone laid me on my back as the world started to fade to black.

Kai's POV

Zane had told me that there was a slight chance she was about to black out. That's all I needed to here, I started to watch Avery very carefully and I noticed her slightly sway.

'She's about to faint. I'm not letting her fall. I think I might be in love with her, but so are Cole and Jay.'

I quickly acted by gently putting one hand on her back while the other went under her legs, then carefully laying her down on the couch. I felt warmth flood through me, I knew my face was red but I was hoping no one saw or cared to notice.

"Guys?"

I turned to notice only Lloyd and Zane watching me while Cole and Jay argued over my sister. Again.

"GUYS! AVERY FAINTED AND I THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE IN LOVE WITH HER?! HOW WOULD SHE FEEL IF SHE WOKE UP AND YOU TWO WERE FIGHTING OVER NYA?!"

They stared at me with confused looks and then looked toward Avery for the first time in a few minutes. When they saw her laying down there eye's widened in shock as they realized that she was now out cold.

"Gah! I can't take it anymore NYA who do you choose between me and Cole?!"

Jay screamed at my sister. I felt my body fuming at the sudden screaming but I didn't want to leave Avery's side.

'She'll wake up...I know she will'

I looked at my sister who looked scared of the two ninja who always fight over her.

"I choose...neither...I'm sorry guys but I met someone else...he's funny and likes to invent like Jay but he is strong and serious like Cole...I think I love him..."

"FINALLY YOU TELL THEM! I HATE LYING IM TERRIBLE AT IT!"

Everyone looked at me shocked at my sudden outburst and I shrugged.

"All I can say is I'm her brother so of course I knew. I also know who he is. Where he lives. And also where he works. So, I know where to go if I need to kick butt"

I smiled as I remembered how Ronin, my sister's new boyfriend better not hurt her or he will pay. Jay, Cole, Zane and Lloyd walk over to me and Avery now that the latest show is over. 

'I still can't believe she is dating him. Well I can't change it, I actually really like him now. He stopped being a thief for Nya and has a real job at the tea shop and an apartment. Yea, I like Ronin.'

"How did you know my sister was going faint kai?"

Lloyd looked at me curiously and I shrugged.

"I got this feeling she was going to pass out that and Zane told me. I think her memory is returning."

Avery turned in her sleep and wrapped her arms around my waist pulling me closer and burying her face into my back. I instantly felt heat rush to my face at the sudden contact of the beautiful girl behind me.

'Ok, I know I have to push her to Jay more but she is still pretty I at least want to kiss her once before she HAS to be with Jay...' 

Lloyd, Jay, Cole, and Zane looked at me curiously while my sister was snickering and Sensei was smiling. My blush deepened as she squeezed me tighter.

"Hahahahahahahaha Kai! Avery's grip a death grip or something?!"

Lloyd started snickering then broke into a full laugh as soon as he noticed the blush on my face. I looked at Cole and Jay who were glaring at me because of Avery hugging me from behind.

"You guys were just fighting over Nya and you are already glaring at me because I have Avery giving me a death hug in her sleep?!"

I whisper shout at them, I was full aware that Avery was really awake because of the slight jolt she gave when I said Nya's name. They looked at me there expressions giving away the relief that they felt about Avery being out cold, then said in unison. 

"I love Nya but I love Avery two"

Jay looked at me with hopeful eyes that he could get Avery first. I shook my head in disappointment.

"I thought you were in love with Skyler?"

Cole added in a mocking voice. I glared at him the best I could then softened my face as I realized I need to tell them the truth.

"Fine you want to know the truth about my feelings toward Avery?"

They all nodded at the question. I sighed as my heart rate picked up at revealing my feelings toward someone.

"I think Skyler is cool and everything but, I don't like her like that anymore. I know it's weird but Lloyd knew I liked Avery before any of you even knew her. I used to see her all the time when she would be at Doomsday comics so I went to that comic store more and more. The more I went there the more I fell for her. I love the way she smiles at the smallest thing, I love the way she pouts, I love the way she laughs. I love the way she has a smart remark around the corner, I love the way she sends everything I am into a pool of electricity. And if I saw her with someone else I think I would lose my sanity and beat the other guy up-"

I was rudely cut off by Cole and Jay laughing. I looked at Nya and Lloyd who were now in aww at the way I feel toward her. Then, Sensei spoke the unexpected.

"I'm sure if she wakes up you will not have to worry about her going to anyone else but you kai."

I nodded my head at Sensei, he smiled in return.