XCVII. Machine King's Pride

Benta searched for his final opponent. Getting into the semi-finals was important to him. He wanted a shot to become the new King of Games.

After meeting Yusuke, Benta began to formulate a strategy to use against him. He did the same with his friends. Planning ahead was something he's always done.

Benta was excited to see Yuko and Tammi duel later on. He was curious to see how much his best friends have grown as duelist since meeting each other.

But since Yuko and Tammi were dueling to get their Star Mark, Benta wanted to make sure he got his before they dueled.

Benta came across a few people who talking about a pro duelist who was looking for an opponent.

"So I heard that Rei Truesdale's trying to get his Star Mark," Benta heard a guy say.

"Yeah. I think he's near DHA." He eard another guy say.

Benta smiled. Rei Truesdale was one of his favorite Pro League duelist. He also played a Machine Deck. Rei could be the perfect opponent for Benta. If he could beat a pro, then nothing could stop him from the tournament.

"Sounds like I'm going to school."

*****

The boys that Benta overheard were right. Rei Truesdale was around DHA talking to a few people.

"I need to find an opponent with all three Life Cards. Do you know anyone I duel?" Rei asked a girl. The girl shook her head and Rei sighed. "Pathetic."

Benta didn't like how Rei talked to the girl. He didn't realize that Rei was so rude. Now he felt more determined to beat the pro.

Benta approached Rei. "That wasn't nice."

Rei rolled his eyes. "I'm not in this city to be nice. I'm here to become the new King of Games." Rei glanced at Benta's duel gear. "You must be looking for an opponent."

"I am! I heard you need a Star Mark. I do too." Benta activated his gear and inserted his three Life Cards into his graveyard. Rei followed.

Their Life Cards then shined and their Star Marks appeared.

Rei smirked. "I'll make this quick." The two drew their cards.

"Duel!"

[DUEL START]

"Pros first."-Benta

"Whatever."-Rei

•Rei(4000): Draws. Summons Cyber Knight(Light/Lv.4/1500 atk) and activates its effect.

"When Cyber Knight is summoned, I can add a Cyber Dragon from my deck to my hand!"-Rei

Adds Cyber Dragon from his deck to his hand.

"I'll end my turn with these."-Rei

Sets 3 cards.

"My move!"-Benta

•Benta(4000): Draws.

"{Okay here's the game plan. I can't allow him to summon his ace. I'll have to OTK him. But if he does bring out his ace, I'll have to drop the bomb}Since you control a monster and I don't, I can Special Summon Autocon Spy:Mira from my hand!"-Benta

Special Summons Autocon Spy:Mira(Earth/Lv.4/1700 atk) via effect.

"Next I'm bringing out Autocon Knight:Alvon!"-Benta

Summons Autocon Knight:Avlon(Earth/Lv.4/1900 atk).

"Machines huh? This'll be interesting. Let's see who's the better Machine Duelist."-Rei