LXXV. An Engineer's Dream

Benta and Tammi sat in their new homeroom and were delighted that they were going to spend another year in the same class. They discussed the new faces they saw around the room.

"So many new students this year." Tammi said.

"I know right. I think these newbies will actually find themselves at home." Benta added. "I can't wait to see how tough they are."

Class began as the teacher began to take roll. Everyone was present except for one person. The homeroom figured that they were absent.

"Okay class. Welcome to the second day of the new year here at DHA. I hope-" The teacher began, but he was cut off as one student came into class panting.

"Sorry! I'm late, aren't I?" He said.

"Yes, you are." The teacher picked up his roll sheet. "And you must Mr. Neji Fudo."

"Yeah that's me. Sorry, my dad was taking his time while driving me here." Neji said.

"It's fine. It's only the second day. Just don't be late again or it'll be a detention for you Mr. Fudo."

"Understood."

"You can take a seat next to Benta and Tammi." The teacher instructed.

Tammi waved at Neji. He took his seat next to Benta. "Hi."

"Hey I'm Benta!" Benta said.

"I'm Tammi."

"Hello. I'm Neji."

"You must be new." Benta figured. "How'd you do in your entrance duel?"

"I won. It wasn't really easy, but I managed to pull through." Neji replied. He enjoyed dueling more than anything and he was happy that he was able to attend DHA. He used to be home schooled. "DHA seems like a great school."

"One of the best." Tammi said. "Hey, I have an idea. Since you're new, you should eat lunch with us today. Benta and I can show around."

Neji smiled. He liked that he was already making new friends. Because of him being home schooled and all, he never had the opportunity to make peers. "I'd like that. Thanks."

*****

At lunch, Benta and Tammi showed Neji around the school. Neji liked being apart of a big school. He was amazed on how many duels were taking place during lunch.

"Do people usually duel during lunch? I thought there was a Duel Period for all of that." He asked.

"Yeah, but the more duel, more fun." Benta said as he led Neji to a lunch table. Yuko and Koji were already sitting down.

"Hey guys!" Yuko said. "Who's this guy?"

"Yuko, this Neji Fudo." Tammi introduced. "Neji, this is Yuko and Koji."

Yuko froze. He began to think of his old ghost friend, Yusei Fudo. "Fudo? Where have I heard that name before?"

"You might recognize my family's business. Fudo Mechanics." Neji said.

"Maybe." Yuko thought that it was wierd that he met Kira Tsukumo the day before and now he meeting another people with the same last name as his old spirit buddies. "Well it's nice to meet you Neji."

"Same here. You seem like a cool guy." Koji added.

The five then enjoyed a nice lunch together. Neji felt like he was just at home. He didn't know that Yuko, Benta, and Tammi were all in the middle of the battle that had taken place last summer and he was shocked to know that Yuko and Koji were both from Kaiba Corp Academy.