part 20..

Scene changes to nandini:

Nandini is talking to someone on phone.

N: yah don't worry as soon as I get the gift i'll call you back.  But seriously it was really not required.  After all its not always that you miss my birthday.  Its ok. Even you are the first one to wish me today.

The person: but I am really sorry.  Main waha nahi aa sakta . You know nah from US flying to india that also in one day itself is not possible.

Nandini face becomes gloomy.

N: I miss you a lot. I hope you were here.

A peon comes and informs nandini that there is a parcel for her. Nandini cuts the call promising to call back.

Nandini goes to receive the parcel and signs the paper. She takes the parcel and goes to sit on a bench  . She looks at the packet and adores it. She calls back the person.

He picks up the phone.

The person (Tp): hey got the gift.  How is it?

N: aare yaar this packing is so adorable that I don't feel like opening. Tp: agar khologi nahi toh gift kaise dikhega. Plz for me open it...

N: okay okay. .. your cute talk make me go awww.. ok i'll open it...

She opens the gift and goes awww......

N: its....its just beautiful. . I am out of words .. I don't know what to say. ..

Tp: you liked it. .. I knew you would. .. actually I had you in my mind while buying. .

N: its beautiful. . Awesome. . I love you. ... so much....

( it was an friendly reaction though but it hurted someone standing right behind nandini)

But unknowingly there was someone who was witnessing this conversation.  It was manik who was a bit surprised as he has never seen nandini talking this way to anyone before. She never uses such tone to talk.

N: aacha don't worry i'll call you later as soon as I reach the dorm room ok.... bye.

Tp: bye...

Nandini cuts the call. She adores the gift... it was a diamond studded bracelet. (Given in the midea box ).

She opens the bracelet that manik gave and wears the other one. Manik witness the whole thing. Nandini smiles and turns around to go when she finds manik starring at her. Instantly she hides the packet and her hand in which she has worn the baracelet .

She smiles and so does manik...

M: kiska phone tha?

N: woh .... woh mere ek dost ka...(she looks down and sideways )

M: ( lifts up her face to look at him  ) kya chupa rahi ho? What are you hiding?

N: nothing ( she looks down again)

M: look at me ( lifts her face again ). Tumhara iss tarah nazar churana yeh bata raha hai ke tum kuch chupa rahi ho..

N: nahi ... main..

M: its oj agar tum batana nahi chahti toh. You can take your time. Be comfortable.  And I promise I will wait for you to say  everything and I won't ask you......

Manik turns to go