Chapter 4: Late apologies and drunken fools

Start from the beginning

“Don’t you have anything to say?” he asked but I remained silent as my mind continued processing how much of a dick I really was.

And I called myself the good guy. I looked toward the phone resting on its stand across the room and my fingers itched to call him. The fact that Marcus was here meant that this was serious because as far as I knew, Adrian kept his thoughts and feeling to himself, the only other person he shared them with was me and this time he hadn’t. And I called myself the good guy.

“You don’t even deserve him.” Marcus said softly and I watched as he pushed up from the chair, holstering his weapon. “I’ll tell you this once and only once; either you treat him right or you leave him the fuck alone because next time you hurt him I swear to God I’ll kill you.” He said, his voice dangerously low and I believed him.

 I sat on the chair, unmoving long after he had gone; feeling all kinds of shitty for my behavior. He was right, I didn’t deserve him.

………………………………

~Adrian’s POV~

“You guys didn’t have to treat me to breakfast, I’m fine...really, last night was nothing, I’m over it.” I had told them, doing my best to reassure them but they just wouldn’t back down.

Hence the reason I was seated in a restaurant I’d never been to before, eating my favorite ‘dinner’ foods for breakfast.

“Across from me Scottie kept up the conversation, his mouth moving miles a minute while Marcus and I both listened, nodding at all the right moments and smiling when he said something particularly cheeky.

“…and that’s why I dumped her.” Scottie finished and I shook my head.

“It’s like you’re looking for perfection. Trust me, you keep dumping them and there won’t be anyone left.” I told him and he shrugged.

“I feel like it would be easier if I could have about five girls and each of them would have two different qualities I like in a woman, that way I’d have the complete package, only it would be dispersed among five women.” He said seriously, chomping on a loaf before he continues, “Too bad I’ll never find girls willing to do that. I mean why can’t they just learn to share you know?” Scottie rambled on and I laughed. Marcus only looked at him like he’d lost his mind and Scottie looked back oblivious.

He was serious.

“Just make sure you’re being safe.” I warned and he rolled his eyes.

“I think Marcus beat you to the safe sex speech when I was 10.” He said clearly annoyed at my over protectiveness and I reached over to ruffle his hair. He pulled away and plopped another piece of the loaf into his mouth.

“What about you Marc, you found any sexy guys worth your time?” Scottie asked and I looked over at my twin. He rarely talked about his love life. The only thing I really knew about him in that aspect of his life was that he was gay.

“My life isn’t conducive to a serious relationship and neither is yours.” Marcus said seriously.

“You’re such a stick in the mud. One of these days you’re going to find prince charming and I’m gonna be there to say I told you so.” Scottie said with a grin and I laughed.

“Yeah that’ll be the day. Marcus falling in love; that’s I’d love to see.” And Scottie and I both laughed. Marcus only shook his head.

Surprisingly all this relationship talk was actually not affecting me in anyway. I’d woken up this morning with a stronger resolve. I had time on my side. After all Laken and his mate weren’t ever going to part as far as I knew; werewolves mated for life. Eventually Lucas would move on and the only thing on his mind would be me. I was an optimistic guy and I didn’t mind waiting for someone who was worth it.